Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, back in the club again .... but need help!

Default OK, back in the club again .... but need help!

Alright. Well after the fire I had originally decided to pack it in and not replace the bus. But, after 4 months, both Kathy and I decided we missed the bus, the rallies, and the POG people way more than we really should have, so I have just placed an offer on a 2002 Marathon from FL.

The deal is pending my seeing the coach and an inspection at Prevost FL and a PDI from Marathon, but assuming all goes well, I will pull the trigger at the end of this month.

But, here's where I need your help, please!

I am trying to recoup the loss of sales tax when purchasing this unit. It turns out that if I used the coach out of CA for at least 91 days, then it isn't subject to CA use tax, which would save me about $25k. Because I have a son attending college in NY, and graduating next May, I had already planned on visiting the east coast a couple of times over the course of the next 8-9 months.

So, I'm trying to purchase the coach in FL, and use it off and on until next May when I'll drive to West Point, see graduation, and then drive it home to CA.

So, where do you come in? I need help finding places to store the coach for up to a couple months at a time. I am willing to pay storage fees, but would like it some where, preferrably inside, where it would be plugged in, and started on a regular basis while I'm on the other coast.

If anyone can offer me some help in this, I would truly appreciate it. Obviously, I haven't worked out the details of when I can come and use it, but that will depend upon where it's stored etc.

Anyway, if anyone is willing to help me, please give me a shout. PM or email to rdavis@cox.net.

Here's a couple pictures of the coach. Bus air this time! I'm not fooling around anymore!

Thanks in advance.
    Ray
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ray,

If the mothership sells, I have room in the bus barn, with power.

Nice bus!

Mike
    Last edited by MangoMike; 08-07-2008 at 10:26 PM.

dalej Guest

Congratulation Ray and Kathy! You so deserve to have a bus back in your family. You two have always enjoyed your others. I so glad to hear you almost have one again.

Ray & Kathy,

Nice bus, love the inside colors and booth dinette. Is it a 40 or 45?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Hi Ray & Kathy,

Wishing you the best on getting the coach,

Alek, Lucia and rest of the ZOO

Thumbs up

Nice looking bus Kathy, and Ray. Better luck this time around!

Thanks everyone.

Tuga - it's a 45. There isn't any 40 ft XL2's out there I've found (that I like)

Mango - OK! What can I do to help you sell that Mothership!

Seriously, if anyone is able to help me with storage (or locate storage) anywhere between FL and NY this fall/winter, I would be exceedingly greatful.

Ray

Hi Ray. A great looking Coach! I would suggest do some google search for RV Storage per the State you wish to store. I would think most large citys will have Storage availability. Also, make sure they have Insurance.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Ray,I've been looking at that one for a few months,wondering how log it would hang around.It must have been a customer order with bus air,not many Marathons of that vintage with bus air,does it have cruse airs in the basement also?Great looking coach Ray!!!

Fantastic coach Ray. You are really going to like that OTR. I can't wait for the comments.

Why not let Jim C use your coach until you can bring it into CA? I think he will take care of it for you and it won't cost a cent. I'll bet he will even put it in his barn in western NY when he isn't using it.