Thread: OK, back in the club again .... but need help!

Threaded View

Default OK, back in the club again .... but need help!

Alright. Well after the fire I had originally decided to pack it in and not replace the bus. But, after 4 months, both Kathy and I decided we missed the bus, the rallies, and the POG people way more than we really should have, so I have just placed an offer on a 2002 Marathon from FL.

The deal is pending my seeing the coach and an inspection at Prevost FL and a PDI from Marathon, but assuming all goes well, I will pull the trigger at the end of this month.

But, here's where I need your help, please!

I am trying to recoup the loss of sales tax when purchasing this unit. It turns out that if I used the coach out of CA for at least 91 days, then it isn't subject to CA use tax, which would save me about $25k. Because I have a son attending college in NY, and graduating next May, I had already planned on visiting the east coast a couple of times over the course of the next 8-9 months.

So, I'm trying to purchase the coach in FL, and use it off and on until next May when I'll drive to West Point, see graduation, and then drive it home to CA.

So, where do you come in? I need help finding places to store the coach for up to a couple months at a time. I am willing to pay storage fees, but would like it some where, preferrably inside, where it would be plugged in, and started on a regular basis while I'm on the other coast.

If anyone can offer me some help in this, I would truly appreciate it. Obviously, I haven't worked out the details of when I can come and use it, but that will depend upon where it's stored etc.

Anyway, if anyone is willing to help me, please give me a shout. PM or email to rdavis@cox.net.

Here's a couple pictures of the coach. Bus air this time! I'm not fooling around anymore!

Thanks in advance.
    Ray
    Attached Images Attached Images