Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ISRI seats

Joe, me too, but Mr. Ed needs to be the one to reveal his new pride and joy to this unruly and uncouth crowd of misfits in whatever manner he chooses.

Maybe if the formal dinner at Spearfish hasn't scared him off like it did Barclay we will get to see it.

Ed....bringing your new ride to a rally will expose you to an experience that can best be analogous to a pack of dogs sniffing each other's butts. We all want to see it.

"After reading this and several other forums, I understand that the girls of the Prevost family are high maintenence, fickle and complicated.
    They are of sturdy stock and age well. However, don't piss them off because without notice, they will just quit on you and no matter what you think, it's your fault. Once they quit, expect little to no cooperation in repairing the relationship as they are stubborn and silent. Your best bet is to appease them with expensive, shiney gifts and take them on lots of long, expensive trips."

I don't know if this is a compliment to POGgettes or an insult, but I do believe I am guilty on all accounts.

Dee Clark

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikedee View Post
    "After reading this and several other forums, I understand that the girls of the Prevost family are high maintenence, fickle and complicated.
    They are of sturdy stock and age well. However, don't piss them off because without notice, they will just quit on you and no matter what you think, it's your fault. Once they quit, expect little to no cooperation in repairing the relationship as they are stubborn and silent. Your best bet is to appease them with expensive, shiney gifts and take them on lots of long, expensive trips."

I don't know if this is a compliment to POGgettes or an insult, but I do believe I am guilty on all accounts.

Dee Clark

Thank you Dee!! I could not have found a way to ask for a better testimony that would validate my conclusions as much as your statement. However, I was talking about the buses. Not to worry. I seriously doubt that you are alone in your guilt.

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post

Ed....bringing your new ride to a rally will expose you to an experience that can best be analogous to a pack of dogs sniffing each other's butts. We all want to see it.

O.K. I see. Well, hhhmmmmm I guess I could handle that..... but, if you guys start humping the tires I'm out of there!!

Wanted to get an opinion on ISRI Seats vs standard leather bus seats which is what I have.

Is an ISRI air ride seat the only way to ride in the drivers seat, or is it that big of a deal to have? I am looking at various upgrades for our interior, and wanted to know your thoughts about replacing my current big leather bus seat with something else?

What are your thoughts.

Gary S.

The primary benefit is the air cushion . Also, air support for the back. The seat I have is small and firm. No fluff. Similar to the Range Rover.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

What type of suspension is in yours now? Air or just springs? If it is air, I am not sure the ISRI would be that much better. I have one, and it is ok, but I am not sure it is better than say a Bostrom or some other "truck" seat. I don't know how yours compares.

Mark / Gary, my seat is not AIR of any kind. It is really just a large leather cushion seat much the same as in my Hummer, and maybe not as firm as in my hummer. My seat isn't uncomortable to sit in, but I think I would like an Air Seat for long term driving.

I have never driven a bus with the air ride seat, but have sat in them and thought they would make for a very comfortable drive? That is why I am asking.

Gary S.

If it is just a seat with no suspension in it, then I would say go for one. ISRI seems to be the seat of choice for Prevost, but almost any good quality air seat would work.