Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ISRI seats

A lot of folks credit the ISRI air ride seat for keeping them from tiring much after a full day of driving.

I don't know whether it's the ISRI seat, or the air suspension of the Prevost, but I definitely feel considerably less tired after a full day driving the bus that any other vehicle I've owned.

My previous coach, a 93 Newell had an ISRI driver's seat. I loved it!

My present coach has a Recaro driver's seat. I don't like it at all. It's too hard and it doesn't have the air suspension like the ISRI.

Does anyone know how much an ISRI seat costs?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I didn't think any Prevost was delivered without an ISRI seat. Now I realize why Gary is advertising Country Coach. They come with ISRI seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    I didn't think any Prevost was delivered without an ISRI seat. Now I realize why Gary is advertising Country Coach. They come with ISRI seats.
    They get delivered to some of the converters with what looks like a chair with some minimal padding. I was at Millennium last year and they just got two shells in with that type of seat. Very weird and uncomfortable looking.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Gary, my last coach (American) had a seat probably much like the one you have now. My Vision has an ISRI seat, which when I bought the coach, I did not think I would like. I would not trade back! It takes a little getting used to in that it seems to go down when you hit a bump in the road, and up when you pass over a concave portion in the road. Once you get it adjusted to your liking, they are very comfortable and seem to conform to your body. I think you would really enjoy an ISRI. Go for it , you only go around once, so why not enjoy the trip!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Gary, I have a ISRI seat in my coach and love it! I put on many 700 mile days and believe me I get from behind the wheel and not one bit tired. You won't be disappointed.

Many years ago I installed an ISRI 6800 bus/coach seat in my coach - probably the best upgrade I every made. Can't live without it. My only complaint is that the seat cushion is a tad narrow, and I'm not wide. Anyone know if a wider seat cushion is available?

One more thing about my ISRI seat experience. I bought mine off ebay for $600 and then I replaced about 6 valves at around $100/valve!

Thanks guys for all the input. When we do our coach interior upgrade, ( hopefully in the early fall ? ) involving removing the seats, I probably will replace my drivers seat with an Isri, or some other form of Air operated seat.

Gary