Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Governor

Question

Tom's pictures reference a pressure adjustment.

Could Kim adjust the pressure on his existing unit and not replace it?

Does a new governor come out of the box adjusted and ready to go?

What pressure can be adjusted? Hi & Low both or what?

JIM

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Only the high limit can be adjusted and further than you would ever need.

Looks like you can get one that clicks on at 105 instead of 100 I like that. Good work Tom I will verify that with Orren.

Tom were you previously aware of this or did you just learn that too?

On a side note. These are good to carry for spares but beware there is a rubber diaphragm inside that can dry-rot with age.

I recently put one on an 8-V that tested out perfectly and then lasted just long enough to get the bus about 10 miles from home.

Could be it was a bad part but I was not confident I was correctly rotating inventory either, when I got home I threw out the other 3 I had.

Carry a spare but date it and discard it after 3 or 4 years.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 03-24-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Joe,

I knew there were two versions and I wanted the higher pressure parameters. My Liberty will hit 130 when cold every time and then settles down to about 120/125 after warming up. I have nightmares of tearing the bedroom apart after seeing your post!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Tom that is one of those jobs you worry about but after you have done it you walk away pleasantly surprised to learn it was not that bad.

The second time EriC and Deb did it to pull the defective one it was in and out in no time flat. They had the access hatch out in 1/2 hr! Sorry guys I owe you big time

Orren Zook Guest

There are other air governors available besides those manufactured by Bendix.... Sealco and Midland are two that come to mind, The Sealco unit is more user adjustable than the others. It is factory preset in cut in at 100 psi and out at 120 psi, but it can be end user adjusted to cut in from 95 to 135 psi and a rebuild kit is available for those that like to tinker, maybe it's more what you are looking for: http://www.sealcocvp.com/prod/catalog/001500/index.htm

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Very interesting