Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone out there want to trade buses?

dreadnought Guest

Default Anyone out there want to trade buses?

Howdy folks,
    Haven't posted in a while, put my bus on the market some months back, cleaned it out, and waited for the offers to come rolling in. Waited, and waited.... Oh, we had offers, commercial real estate, sailboats, lots in Florida, etc. Got a business, don't like blow boats, and can't retire to Florida cause I got to pay alimony till 2020.
    One guy was close but said he just couldn't stomach the price of fuel. I asked him how much he planned to travel.
    Said he'd go to Florida for the winter and drive home in the spring. I suggested fuel was the least of his worries.
    So...... anybody want to talk trade? My 05 Liberty double slide for your older model XL2. Your ride would probably need to be a 01 or 02 non slide for there to be enough difference in the money to make it interesting.

Hi Bill. I have attempted to Sale 4 RV's over the years with little to no success. Best left to pro's. Call Steve @ California Coach if you want to trade of sell. He can get it done.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Victor Dimera Guest

I think you have a beautiful coach. I have looked at it many times when I pull up RVonline. I think one mistake many make is asking a big price and mentally say they will come down if need too. But when no one bites at a big price then the vast majority assume something is wrong. I think the best thing to do is ask your best price right at the beginning. Cut to the chase and the truly serious offers will come and they will buy. Now my opinion and mine only, I do think your coach is beautiful but I always thought it was overpriced. At $795K one would want at least "the look" of a newer one. The roof top awnings would have helped you greatly but even with that I think it would have still been priced a tad high. But sadly, Liberty even in a 2005 unit still has the old awning types. Most converters had already gone to roof top awnings and the current "look" by then. I am not downing your coach at all, but I do believe you were and if you are still asking the same price, are asking too much for it. I am just trying to be honest with you and hope you are not offended.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Why were all the tires replaced on an 05 with 50,000 miles

I agree with Victor, gorgeous bus.

Hey, its a really tough market out there. The guy with 100 or so million in the bank, if he decides he needs a bus he will buy a new one. Price is not his thing, neither is used!

Then you have the mid level guy who, if he has any business head at all, realizes that the economy is dead ripe with opportunity, a grip full of buys in real estate, stocks, commodoties and the like. An appreciating asset vice a depreciating asset...that's where they go. A home in Phoenix that was 400k two years ago can be bought for 180k today and it is evident that there are more people on the planet each day, in just a few years that investment should be worth nearly 600k...a phenomenal return. Run the numbers against a bus that a few years old...........

Finally you have the guy who really cannot afford it anyway and although the banks appear to have pleanty of money and that same money is fairly cheap, do to catastrophic losses in the recent past....well. Used to be a 670 FICO was good to go on something like a bus with a reasonable down, now it's more like a 775 or higher.

So, what I am trying to say is that although there are still buyers out there, they for the most part are going to be very picky and will probably end up with an emotional buy. While price is an issue, I think that it can be better said that the coach has to match the buyers wants, not necessarily needs, perfectly...then and only then can you get a sale. This is the guy who sees this market as a buying opportunity, which it is, although not the smartest thing he could do with his money today, hence emotion enters and he completes a transaction when that perfect coach appears.

Thumbs up Bam

One blow Flyu2....., you hit the nail on the head!

Default Wow

Dang flyboy, I didn't know you were capable of higher thought!

Bravo!

The next thing you know you will be using tools & walking upright !

Quote Originally Posted by flyu2there View Post
    Hey, its a really tough market out there. The guy with 100 or so million in the bank, if he decides he needs a bus he will buy a new one. Price is not his thing, neither is used!

Then you have the mid level guy who, if he has any business head at all, realizes that the economy is dead ripe with opportunity, a grip full of buys in real estate, stocks, commodoties and the like. An appreciating asset vice a depreciating asset...that's where they go. A home in Phoenix that was 400k two years ago can be bought for 180k today and it is evident that there are more people on the planet each day, in just a few years that investment should be worth nearly 600k...a phenomenal return. Run the numbers against a bus that a few years old...........

Finally you have the guy who really cannot afford it anyway and although the banks appear to have pleanty of money and that same money is fairly cheap, do to catastrophic losses in the recent past....well. Used to be a 670 FICO was good to go on something like a bus with a reasonable down, now it's more like a 775 or higher.

So, what I am trying to say is that although there are still buyers out there, they for the most part are going to be very picky and will probably end up with an emotional buy. While price is an issue, I think that it can be better said that the coach has to match the buyers wants, not necessarily needs, perfectly...then and only then can you get a sale. This is the guy who sees this market as a buying opportunity, which it is, although not the smartest thing he could do with his money today, hence emotion enters and he completes a transaction when that perfect coach appears.

dreadnought Guest

Gary, Thanks for the advice, but I don't know if a left coast salesman would be able to move an east coast bus.
    You know I bought a Liberty because everyone said it would move fast when you were ready to move on.

Joe, Front tires were replaced at 36,000 when I bought the bus. Drives were replaced at 45,000 as a precaution before an 8000 mile trip. Tag was replaced at 53,000 cause they were worn out!

Vic, Not at all offended, price has been at $749,500 for a while now. I paid a flat million for it in Sept 06, put it on the market 18 months later asking 800K, thinking 750K.
    As the second owner I figured 25% was enough to lose in less than 2 years.

Fly, you're just way smarter than me. I did do one thing right though, I didn't buy it till I could afford to pay for it.

Jim, You seem like the logical prospect out of the bunch to me. Isn't it time you bought a bus?

Wow, that depreciation really sucks. Add that to the current fuel and economy and it's a double whammy.

It's interesting, just yesterday I was speaking with a Marathon salesman. He indicated that coaches over the 1M mark were still selling well (lucky for them). He also indicated coaches under the 500k mark were really slow, and people were much more cautious about a purchase. He didn't happen to mention that area between 500k and 1M.

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Has anyone else experienced such short life out of their tires?

They should go 100,000 and then some, no sweat.

Bad time to be selling. I recently saw a 07 double slide (w/3bunks) for under 700. We have an 85 and offered ours to a fellow with a VIP limo and charter service for 68000 and still it did not sell.

If a seller who was not desperate to sell but is currently trying would decide to wait because of the current market; that would still not help. Bus gets older and we have not seen the bottom yet IMO.

We may be forced to keep ours and by the grace of God just might be able to. Wish us luck. Sure would beat giving it away.