Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone out there want to trade buses?

Hybrid View

dreadnought Guest

Gary, Thanks for the advice, but I don't know if a left coast salesman would be able to move an east coast bus.
    You know I bought a Liberty because everyone said it would move fast when you were ready to move on.

Joe, Front tires were replaced at 36,000 when I bought the bus. Drives were replaced at 45,000 as a precaution before an 8000 mile trip. Tag was replaced at 53,000 cause they were worn out!

Vic, Not at all offended, price has been at $749,500 for a while now. I paid a flat million for it in Sept 06, put it on the market 18 months later asking 800K, thinking 750K.
    As the second owner I figured 25% was enough to lose in less than 2 years.

Fly, you're just way smarter than me. I did do one thing right though, I didn't buy it till I could afford to pay for it.

Jim, You seem like the logical prospect out of the bunch to me. Isn't it time you bought a bus?

Wow, that depreciation really sucks. Add that to the current fuel and economy and it's a double whammy.

It's interesting, just yesterday I was speaking with a Marathon salesman. He indicated that coaches over the 1M mark were still selling well (lucky for them). He also indicated coaches under the 500k mark were really slow, and people were much more cautious about a purchase. He didn't happen to mention that area between 500k and 1M.

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Has anyone else experienced such short life out of their tires?

They should go 100,000 and then some, no sweat.

Bad time to be selling. I recently saw a 07 double slide (w/3bunks) for under 700. We have an 85 and offered ours to a fellow with a VIP limo and charter service for 68000 and still it did not sell.

If a seller who was not desperate to sell but is currently trying would decide to wait because of the current market; that would still not help. Bus gets older and we have not seen the bottom yet IMO.

We may be forced to keep ours and by the grace of God just might be able to. Wish us luck. Sure would beat giving it away.

Joe, I sincerely hope you can keep yours. I had originally take my fire damage as a "way to get out", and wasn't planning on replacing. But, after only a few months, both my wife and I realized how much we enjoyed the bus (even though we couldn't use it all that much), especially the POG rallies, and getting together with POG friends.

I think about Dale (roadrunner), who sold his, and now has another coach, although he waited for the right deal to come along.

Obviously, these busses make absolutely zero practical sense, but they sure get under our skin.

I sincerely hope that we both have busses someday in the not too distant future, and the opportunity to meet at a POG rally, or some other place along the highway.

Ray

Default Keep da bus

We're rooting for you Joe! Hope you can keep your tin for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    We may be forced to keep ours and by the grace of God just might be able to. Wish us luck. Sure would beat giving it away.

donniev Guest

Bill, I Sold My 06 Liberty Elegant Lady Last Week As Well As My 06 Marathon. But I Am Here In Florida.i Think A Bus Has To Be In Florida. That Is Where The Buyers Are Coming To Look At All The Coaches.

dreadnought Guest

Don, you're a heck of a salesman. Mind if I ask how much you sold them for? I'm sure the rest of the gang is curious too. If you're not comfortable with specifics at least let us know if you realized what you'd planned for.
    I guess the other obvious question is why did you have 2 almost new rides?

Don,Since you owned both at the same time treat us to a comparison of the two converters.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Maybe he had 3, got rid of those two and kept the one he liked
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 08-07-2008 at 06:34 PM.

donniev Guest

Smile

Bill, First Of All We Are Florida Luxury Coach. With That Being Said, The Marathon Brought 800k While The Liberty Was In The 700s.both Were Low Miles And Very Nice Coaches. Jack In Comparison Between The Two, Let Me Say I Sold Libertys For Six Years And Have Allways Been A True Beleiver. However This Marathon Was Exceptional.marathon Has Really Stepped Up To The Plate In The Last Couple Of Years. I Put Liberty And Marathon On The Same Level!!