Bruce,

I am sure our dash gauges are different, but in my coach my chassis voltage gauge has a needle for voltage and a needle for amps.

Any advice is only as good as the underlying explaination of the problem.

Your issues are exactly what we will be covering in a seminar at Spearfish. The intent of the seminar is not to solve problems, but to help an owner understand exactly what information he should be looking at relative to the electrical systems and how to interpret what is right and what is wrong.

You are jumping before you even realize you are jumping. I make that comment based on the fact you are focusing on equalizers. It's OK to check them, but don't expect any eureka moments. I doubt if they have anything to do with the problem you are trying to describe.

If you have a single alternator, when you are traveling down the road you should see the same voltage for the house that you see for the chassis. Here is where you need to react and get concerned. Depending on the type of house batteries you have, your high voltage (if that is correct) may be hurting your house batteries if they are gel type.

I have not ignored your concerns about chassis batteries going dead. I suspect all of this is tied together, but I just don't know how because there is so much data lacking.

Do you really have just one alternator?
Is your chassis voltage really 29?
Is your house voltage 29 also?
(These are voltage values only with the engine running, but the shore power and generator off)
Do you have a 24 volt house?
Do you have OTR?
Have you physically checked your alternator and regulator connections?
Are your house and chassis battery connections clean and tight?
Have you checked you batteries?
What type house batteries do you have?
Can you get the key off loads on the chassis batteries measured? If the batteries are being depleted there is either a bad battery or a load. That current draw needs to be measured.

The alternator light that is coming on is telling you something. When it comes on if you instantly look at the electrical gauge what are the volts and amps? Are they higher or lower than normal?

What is the chassis battery voltage as measured at the battery posts compared to the dash gauge?

Before focussing on anything it is critical to gather information.