Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How I spent My Summer

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    Hi Bruce and Pam,

Sorry for your gas experience, remember you are in the country and technology is still new in most of NS. We hope you are able to enjoy the Mahone Bay Wooden Boat Festival and the Lunenburg Folk Harbour Festival while you are there.

To set the record straight, we had nothing to do with this fiasco.

We wish you both the best, were you able to connect with any of the people we set you?
    We have been distracted by the side show, but have really had a great time in NS. I'll try and remember the tip about technology next time and bring cash. We are leaving Lunenburg tomorrow, do you need us to pick up anything to bring to the states??

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust_128 View Post
    Sounds like you had all the characters. Barney, Goober, Aint Bee, Howard, etc. Don't wory, Andy finally showed up to straighten things out.

I've got a real good image of this:

isolated penninsula town, rich tourista's, townies, tough times, under-educated, evil baron in a rolling bling palace, etc.

It all adds up to the episode entitled "THE CRIME OF THE CENTUERY in Mayberry".

You are a shoe-in for the funniest story and I think you should run a POG rally workshop, --- maybe "Ways to avoid an international incident while bussing."

Please let us know how you make out running the border.
    I'll make my final report once I am resting comfortably in Maine, and have successfully made it across the border.

PS> I still have no prove of payment. I called Citibank, and asked why neither charge has shown up on my card, I explained the situation, told them that charges before and after have posted to my account but nothing from Sobey's.

Citibank said that sobey's has not posted the charge to our account yet, in other words it is still pending. Not very Speedy about getting paid?? Much Quicker to pick up the phone and call the RCMP.

I dunno, Bruce. Your tales are making me nervous as I get too close to the border. We're in New York and headed for Maine.

While I was fueling the bus this morning I thought I noticed the Flying J attendant keeping a watchful eye on me.... in case I was part of that notorious POG gang thats been reported in these parts

Seriously, you bring up a good point regarding proof of payment. Many times the receipt printer spits out nothing or a wrinkled piece of scrap that is impossible to read anyway.

Usually, Janice will head in to the counter inside while I get to the task of pumping diesel. She pays the bill with the card after I'm finished and by the time she's back outside, we're ready to roll....

Hope your travels become less "eventful"

"I will say this, if I find out that Citibank has charged my card twice or even if they can show a hit for the transaction I will offer my thoughts to Sobey's"

If it turns out you were charged twice, it will means the first charge went through as you had thought, bolstered by fact that the pump proceeded to dispense fuel. It has been my experience all over the lower 48 that you will stand there and wait some amount of time (if it's a dial-up system) until it is authorized. In that event, it isn't a 'misunderstanding', it was brain fade at best and incompetence otherwise. Re-training of the clerk, and an apology from the establishment would seem in order. That's my last two cents on this one. Thanks for listening.

Default ...just not enuf "fuel" in your tank at the time, bruce....

hello bruce...nice story...great experience...however, i believe one beer and one rum and coke was not "enuf" to go through what you experienced...i believe you shoud replay the entire event...call the horse riding cops, tell them you must meet with them, drink much, much more alcohol prior to their arrival...and i firmly believe you will have a more enjoyable interlude with the boys in red...(you probably will not remember as much as you wake up cold, surrounded by steel bars the next morning)...but just think how much better a story it will be...so, pick a day, consume a minimum of 6 - 8 alcoholic beverages, make the call, have a few more, and wait for their arrival...then please let me know the outcome...thanks for sharing...cheers, shookie

Quote Originally Posted by shookie View Post
    hello bruce...nice story...great experience...however, i believe one beer and one rum and coke was not "enuf" to go through what you experienced...i believe you shoud replay the entire event...call the horse riding cops, tell them you must meet with them, drink much, much more alcohol prior to their arrival...and i firmly believe you will have a more enjoyable interlude with the boys in red...(you probably will not remember as much as you wake up cold, surrounded by steel bars the next morning)...but just think how much better a story it will be...so, pick a day, consume a minimum of 6 - 8 alcoholic beverages, make the call, have a few more, and wait for their arrival...then please let me know the outcome...thanks for sharing...cheers, shookie
    I will remember this next time shookie. I did in fact over consume that evening and paid the price the next day.

I have just returned from the Liquor store and have stocked up for the ride tomorrow.

We decided to head to another Nova Scotia Park before we head back to Maine. Went over to the park to check it out (Graves Provincial Park) only about 35 miles east toward Halifax, wonderful ocean Island location. We drove over in our Saturn Vue, with our Yellow kayaks and our $1,000 grill on the back.

Two people stopped us, one had recognized us from our current park and the other told us that they had seen us on the nightly news today and it was all a miss understanding. Enough exposure for us, I'll do my next big Friday night steak dinner outside of Canada. Truly everyone here has been really nice and this is the reason we return.

I think the last posted comment on the original story is of critical importance. He stressed always getting a receipt. Having a receipt for the fuel would have made all the difference in the world.

But hey, you wouldn't have this great story to tell, in that case!

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    I think the last posted comment on the original story is of critical importance. He stressed always getting a receipt. Having a receipt for the fuel would have made all the difference in the world.

But hey, you wouldn't have this great story to tell, in that case!

Ray
    Its all about the POG awards banquet for me. I already have Mango's vote.

PS> We moved to a new campground today, greeted by new neighbors who already know who we are, all have come by to say hello have pictures taken near the bus, they do however blame the gas station and many have had the same experience Ns.

Sounds like fun. Kathy was wondering if it should be the "Most Wanted" award?

Ray

Of course they wanted pictures.... kinda like having your picture taken with Jesse James

The real issue is; do the border guards already know who you are ?

Maybe you could disguise the bus as something else....