Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How I spent My Summer

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    Of course they wanted pictures.... kinda like having your picture taken with Jesse James

The real issue is; do the border guards already know who you are ?

Maybe you could disguise the bus as something else....
    I have made a plan to make sure that I can get away with the fuel scam at the next fill up.

Pam is stitching together several hundred of the silver warming blankets (the ones that are used in emergencies) I figure that once Pam is finished it will be 90'x 30'. When we pull up, we simply cover the entire bus and toad, fill up, and fold back the front cover, move forward while Pam, positioned in the toad slowly pulls in the cover, a perfect plan.

We figure that the cover should not cost more than $2K, with a 4 tank pay back.

I am at Graves Provincial Park in Chester Ns dry camping. One of my neighbors who recognized me from the papers has come over to have a laugh about the whole thing, as he now knows by the fact that we are blocking his and about 10 other campers views just how silly the whole thing was.

He works as a rep for the Annapolis valley Michelin Tire factory, interesting that Michelin Truck tires are made nearby.

Anyway he told me that I should make an effort to stop at the Sobey's fuel stop that turned us in and get the receipt for the transaction.

He also said that when one fills up at the sobey's that you either have to use your card at the pump or it has to be pre-authorized inside, he stops at this location a lot and says that if someone does not pay its the attendant who must pony up the cash out of his pay check, and thats why they called 911 as fast as possible.

Finally he said demand your receipt as it comes with a cash back at Sobey's grocery store at the rate of 3.5 cents per liter, we pumped 482.8 liters worth $16.90 wonder who got this cash back receipt?? My wife is now really on the case and expects the receipt. I said the Sobey's manager has already purchased a case of beer with it and is relaxing at home now that he still has his job.

PS> Just for fun, Bonnie and Clyde decided to take pictures of the robbery while at the gas station, Pam just remembered she took these, as we were really blocking the place and she thought it was interesting, really cool bandits, nerves of steel.

Here are a couple of pics, Pam blow one up to show Clyde with his credit card in hand
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Best Bus Story

Well- I am surprised that no one has picked up on the POG Rally Award for Best Bus Story - of course Bruce has been nominated but the key is the Award will read: BEST B.S.

Now we all know Bruce,s Story is credible via the newspaper and hundreds of witnesses. No doubt he is in the lead.

All entries welcome. Story must be posted and evaluated by the bored board.

Let the BS Begin.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

I have now had a chance to speak with the Sobey's gas Station manager, Mike who said that he will have a receipt for us on Friday when we are passing by his location on our way back to Maine.

Mike apologized for sending the Pony Police after us and hopes that we did not have a paid experience. Ha ha.

Lloyd will enjoy this part. The manager called the RCMP within minutes of the diesel grab. They had a tip that we were heading east to Peggy's cove, the opposite way from our actual route,( there is only one road two directions) so they deployed 3 cruisers to surround Peggy's cove, a loop Lighthouse road and could not find us, and gave up so said Mike from Sobey's, thats when they went to the press.

Mike also said that we should not have been able to pump more than $150 at the outside pump without Pre-Authorization. He thinks that his 17yr. old attendant pre-authorized the fill up and did not tell his manager he did so.

Anyway We are entitled to $19.90 in Sobey's groceries now from the fill up.

PS>We are burning about 10 gallons or so every 24 hours while dry camping X 5 days, and will add some fuel at Sobey's, will get a receipt this time.

Its interesting how expensive dry camping is now days, when its cost $21 per night to dry camp and $30 for diesel. Its cheaper to pay for full hookups when possible.

We are burning about 10 gallons or so every 24 hours while dry camping
    Bruce, I'm not sure why, but that sounds a little high, given that you've indicated you are only using the generator about 5 hours per day.

Tuga and Jack14r reported 24 hour generator use at races :

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...+use#post28197

and their usage was only about 0.5 gallons per hour of use. If you're burning 2.0 gallons per hour, it seems like you're running 4 times the amount that they reported in their posts.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    Bruce, I'm not sure why, but that sounds a little high, given that you've indicated you are only using the generator about 5 hours per day.

Tuga and Jack14r reported 24 hour generator use at races :

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...+use#post28197

and their usage was only about 0.5 gallons per hour of use. If you're burning 2.0 gallons per hour, it seems like you're running 4 times the amount that they reported in their posts.

Ray
    I am not actually sure about the consumption. I have a 20KW at home for my standby genset for the house that burns over 2 gallons per hour and assumed that the 20KW in the bus would burn in the same range, half a gallon seems very low for the 20KW but would love to believe it is so.

I found this on the PowerTech website, I have a 20KW PowerTech:

(GPH) LOAD

PTSS 20

1.8 @ 100%

1.35 @ 75%

.9 @ 50%
    Last edited by 0533; 08-06-2008 at 11:48 AM.

Bruce,

We used our 20K generator extensively at the FMCA rally and consumed less than 1 GPH. It was HOT and we ran it some 8 to 12 hours at a time without a problem with a minimum of 2 cruise airs churning out cold air.

I think our actual consumption was somewhere in the neighborhood of 0.7 to 0.8 GPH.

However, even at that rate, it still rivals the cost of some campgrounds if you need to run the generator as much as we did.

half a gallon seems very low for the 20KW but would love to believe it is so

I'll admit, I questioned the number in that original post, but both Jack and Tuga indicated a similar value. Someone else posted (not sure which thread) that he actually measured flow and if I remember right came up with similar numbers.

I don't have much actual generator experience here, as I've rarely needed/used my generators.

Ray