Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aux Air Leak??

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Bruce,

Your funky o-rings may be a sign of water/oil in the aux air system that got mixed up with dust and dirt. Make sure you frequently drain the air tanks, service the dryer filter and drain any water out of the small black cannister in the steering bay (assuming you have one). Also, if you have a aux compressor with it's own tank, make sure you drain that one often, I get a little moisture out of mine everytime I drain it and I do it often.
    I had just drained the tanks, replaced the dryer filter in the steering bay, but I agree the O Ring did look a little funky and the end of the spring, the magnet end looked like it had some oily film on it at the contact point, but otherwise the O rings looked like new, just some crap on on one edge of the large O Ring. Glad to know how to repair this now and what it does in the first place. After about ten years I might, just might have a handle on these important items.

Congrats on getting it fixed! POG comes through, again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    Congrats on getting it fixed! POG comes through, again!
    The mechanically challenged comes through again. I have convinced a prevost owner who I met to join POG, should be happening soon, great guy lives in Stuart Fl., Paul Might know him.

Bruce,

Great job taking care of that pesky leak!

One of the great benefits of POG is being able to take advantage of the collective knowledge and experience of the members.

I had the opportunity to share the benefits of POG with my neighbor at the Lunenburg Ns campground while I was in the process of following the direction from Brian, Jon and others. I showed him the thread and exactly what I was doing. I think Steve will join POG soon.

I now plan to get a few spares and slowly take apart and clean each solenoid after I get the spares.

Its really important to have good spares onboard. I have enough fan belts and fuses and light bulbs to go into business, but not everything I need for sure.