Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XL1 cracked Awning Upper Window

Hi Ray. A call to Mira Loma and also Marathon in Oregon would be helpful in answering the glass breaking question. The flexing of the bus frame might be the reason if the window was not installed correctly, just a guess.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Yeah, I might give them a call next week. I'm just curious, within our membership here whether it's been a major issue, or not.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    Yeah, I might give them a call next week. I'm just curious, within our membership here whether it's been a major issue, or not.

Ray
    My situation was self induced I believe. I was washing my bus with an extended brush on a long aluminum arm. The brush head has gotten worn done over the years, boats and buses I guess. I really like the brush but when I got a little to vigorous around the awning window I my have whacked it with the hard edge of the brush head. I did not think much about it at the time as I did not see any damage, but clearly it was my own doing. Windows clean though.

A general observation about repairs. While taking a coach somewhere for service used to be a reasonable alternative to do-it-yourself type repairs, Ken's post got me to thinking that in my case Prevost is about 200 miles away. So I would spend $500 at Camp Prevost, and an additional $250 just for fuel.

Buying the right tools and learning how to do things is starting to look like a good idea more and more.

Why then is my husband driving us from CA to Leesburg, FL to have our generator repaired/serviced? We have a garage full of tools along with every imaginable tool possible crammed in our bus. Yah think the man just wants to lay on the beach while someone else gets greasy? Never mind the fact that fuel costs will be as much as if we were taking a trip to Europe for a month. Maybe that's what owning a Prevost is all about. Fixing what you can, when you want....and enjoying a cross country trip together when the need arises and you're fortunate enough to be able to afford the fuel.

Dee Clark

PS Jon, Ever get that awning fixed? Just ask Di, she'll help you.

Dorinda....no need to worry about the awning. But my question is if Mike knows of a nude beach in Leesburg and if he tampered with the generator so he could go there.

Buses are like planes. We have to make up excuses to take them out and enjoy them. The fact that we actually accomplish something while doing so is just a side benefit.

We need to drive our buses somewhere just like the average woman needs a new pair of shoes. Just tell Mike while you are on the way to Florida that he needs to stop so you can pick up a few more pair.

I won't tell Di we are meeting like this.

Jonny.....We agree on something. Finally! Whatever excuse we use, it's a nice way to see the country.

BTW I have an self imposed space allotment for traveling footwear...(Never refer to them as "shoes") and my capacity is at its max. Save Mike a few buckaroos, which we'll use on fuel or nude beach fees.