Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2001 Liberty under $300,000

Tuga, If you give me a call, I can tell you all about side panel replacement. 714-342-8588

Tuga: I happened to be talking to Dave Walls with Liberty today about the upcoming Bristol race and I made the comment about the coach on Ebay. I understood from him that it is a nice bus and that Paul Davis sells them cheap. There were no known issues with it - Some Harley dealer in Indiana owned it, parked it in Indiana in the winter and lived in it in Colorado during the summer. Neutral Colors.

I asked if the price went down on his Libertys and the answer is no. But then being the salesman he is he ask: what do I have to do to get you to buy or trade?.

He says you should buy it. Karen would love it.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Hi Tuga. If you can get the maintenace logs , and confirm some of your concerns with Prevost, it looks like a very good price.
    It looks like the tires are 2005 and the Coach has had a PDI. I would check the maintenance schedule on the Radiator & coolant, the OTR system, & the Cruiseairs.
    Also, check the dates on the batteries and their type.
    Last edited by garyde; 07-28-2008 at 11:38 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Roger, Karen does like it and so do I. We are going to start looking with this bus; who knows where it will lead us. We are taking our time and not moving too quickly. Prevost gave me the original owners name and I found his phone number in whitepages.com. I called, but there was no answer - I'll try again in the morning.

I spoke to Kevin tonight, and he addressed some of the delamination issues. That is certainly a consideration in making a decision: it can take 2 months to change the panels! He also gave me some advice on XL vs XL II pros and cons.

What year is a VIN P2CW33491Y1027252?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

"Y" is an '00.

I would like to see an open discussion of the XL and XLII shells here. Potential owners are undoubtedly confused about the differences beyond the rivets and folks that have had both models should offer their opinions on the differences.

Tuga, Paul Davis can sell the Newell faster than anyone out there, and might just take it in trade.
    Ray, I don't think this coach has ever been on eBay. I have a saved search on eBay for "Prevost" and have had for over a year. This one has never shown up.

Hmm, there's usually a reason why someone has wholesaled a bus, especially a Liberty. Do your homework Tuga!

Did anybody noticed the funny spelling of "Kartier Edition" ?
    All "Cartier Edition" Liberty's I seen are spelled with "C" not "K".

dalej Guest

I agree with Tom.

Tuga, don't let Karen talk you into something if your not ready.

Ray, I don't think this coach has ever been on eBay. I have a saved search on eBay for "Prevost" and have had for over a year. This one has never shown up.
    I still believe I'm correct. I've seen the pictures from this coach more than once, and I don't have Paul Davis's site as one I normally check. However, I do have a saved search on Ebay, and I check it daily.

IN particular, I remember (which prompted my comments about things being dirty), the picture of the outside BBQ. But mostly I remember the displays of the monitor which displayed GPS and other controls. I remember it being so filthy that you could hardly see through the smudges and stuff. (Sorry, I am kind of a freak on clean monitors, and am not fond of touch screens). The dash area as I remember seemed really dirty as well, and the bays.

Certainly that may be just normal use, and just needs some cleaning. And it sounds like from those who have seen the coach recently, perhaps that has been done.

The only place I would have run across a Paul Davis spread like this is on Ebay.

Ray