Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2001 Liberty under $300,000

Default 2001 Liberty under $300,000

Check out 01 Liberty XLII on eBay with a Buy It Now Price of $299,500!

It looks very clean with 122K miles and good colors.

Boy, is this a buyer's market or what?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga that coach is over in Princeston, TX., just north of Dallas at Mr. Oliver's RV. Paul Davis is a long time dealer of upper end used coaches and is great to deal with. He sells a lot of units because he prices them right.

http://www.mrolivers.com/Web_03_RV_Coaches.html

I think that coach may represent the current market. It would be very tough to meet that value for the dollar if everything checks out on that coach.

At that price however I would do a lot of research into its history and maintenance records, I would certainly have DD and Allison run the codes, and I would ask Prevost and Liberty for the history of the coach.

At that price a person could afford to have to pay for all new tires, batteries and anything else such as changes of all fluids and filters.

This coach has been on Ebay more than one. It's nice that Paul puts up LOTS of pictures of the coach.

However, my memory of this coach was that were lots of areas that were just filthy, and showed poorly. This led me to believe (perhaps incorrectly), that it's probably not as well maintained as I would have liked.

On the positive side, I guess you see the coach for what it is!

Ray

I took Jon's advice and contacted Prevost and Liberty about the maintenance history on this bus. Liberty said that it was sold to couple in the Northwest and never returned to Florida for any service! So who serviced it during the 122,000 miles of its life?

Prevost responded with the name of the owners and the maintenance history of the bus: one visit - R&R alternator, performed WB03-03, WB 02-01, and safety recall 00-38.

So I guess the next step is to talk to Paul Davis and/or the owners!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga,

I have a philosophy regarding these buses. Assuming the engine oil was changed at least every 20,000 miles and the engine wasn't overheated (dumping the codes will reveal that), and the transmission gets a clean bill of health (the Allison 6 speed diagnostics will actually show such detail as clutch wear) nothing else is expensive enough to make a reasonable price such as this a bad deal.

There are things that will chase me away however such as a coach that has been involved in an accident and did not get Prevost repairs. I would trust their repairs would equal factory quality. I would be concerned on this vintage coach about delamination and would need to have a heart to heart talk with Prevost.

But for the most part tires, batteries and maybe brake chambers plus full fluid and fliter changes are about all I can see on the must do list.

If the coach is a pig pen it is likely all hard surfaces can be cleaned to new condition. Soft materials such as upholstery might need to be replaced, but the Liberty systems are quite trouble free and that particular model is a 12 volt coach so there is zero mystery regarding the electrical systems. They are rock solid and reliable.

You've been around enough of our coaches, you've seen the posts. You will not have any trouble recognizing the coach you want and if you follow on this one I have a feeling you will know as soon as you climb the steps.

Default 2001 prevost under 300,000

I looked at this 2001 Liberty today. It looks like brand new inside and out. Did not see any delam anywhere. The bedroom is extra large and has a private toilet. An excellent buy for someone. Darrell

Jon,

I seems that Prevost would have mentioned any delamination repairs in their maintenance history: all they listed was an alternator and some warranty bulletin repairs. No? Would entering the VIN in Carfax yield any information on whether it was wrecked? Would a PDI from Prevost in Dallas show any collision damage?

Darrell,

Thank you for your visit to see the coach today. It looks as though the pictures tell the story cosmetically. It is nice to have had someone physically inspect it. What conversion do you have presently?

I re-read Jon's pre purchase list today, and it has some great advice mixed in with the humor. I am going to use it to make a punch list if (when) I go to see this bus.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by merle&louise; 07-28-2008 at 09:42 PM.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga and Karen.............I am on my 2nd Prevost. First was a Liberty and my present coach is a Executive Conversion. I bought both from MrOlivers RV. I was at MrOlivers today for A/C service work. The only thing that keeps me from ownership of the 2001 Liberty is $299,500.00. Several POG have purchased from MrOlivers RV with good results. His sale prices on Prevost are much less than everyone else.

Thanks Darrell for the info. I have noticed that his prices are lower and the coaches all seem to be clean. I will try tommorrow to get more info on the maintenance records from the owner/owners. I am curious about window exploding problems and delamination. I will make the necessary phone calls in the morning.

Louise and I both like the colors and the layout, but most of all we like the price. There is only one little problem standing in the way: the sale of my Newell. I have had several calls in the last few days and all seem very interested, but like so many on this forum have eluded to, the financing can stop the deal. I really can't afford to be in the TBC.

We'll see!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot