Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear of coach not leveling???

Tully Guest

I have shut the bus down and will have a pro look it over. Can anyone give me a name of a shop in the Chicagoland area who works on these coaches?

There must be a problem with the low-level switch. The coach is now level on all fours. However, only when the low-level swich is switched on the stbd. side. Once the switch it switched into the "drive" the rear end starts to lower. Only the rear. Once the switch is put back on the "stbd" side the rear raises and the coach sits level. So something is not right and I want to have the proper repairs made.

So, if anyone has a shop they have used in the Chicagoland area, I would appreciate a name or number. Will let the pro's take care of this. I want nothing more than to be safe.

Thanks,

Tully

Get hold of Joe C. It isn't as much a problem that cannot be solved as it is getting someone who both knows how to operate the controls, plus follow the system analysis logically. If Joe is not completely familiar there are plenty of assets he can access here to step through the analysis component by component.

It is my opinion a lot of mechanics that do not understand these systems will try to bluff their way through it, at your expense, and still will not properly assess the cause.

ajhaig Guest

Tully,

Joe C. is your guy.

If he can't help you may consider Cardinal Buses, Inc http://www.cardinalbuses.com/services.asp. Panterra Coach use these guys for Prevost service issues.

AJ

Tully,

I'm sure that you and Joe will be able to get that figured out. I will mention one thing that had me a bit perplexed the first time I used my level low system. If your "knob" is like mine, there was a short side, and long side to the knob. The sort side had an arrow-like cut in the face, and the short side IS the pointer, NOT the longer side which I had first assumed. I kept lowering the wrong side of the bus first time manually trying to level!

I'm sure that's not the issue in your case as there's no way to mix up back from side on the controls.

You can be sure when you're in the drive position because any other position should light up a warning light on your dash indicating level low in operation.

Ray

Tully,

You do remember Joe C don't you?

Tully Guest

Joe C. it is. I have some time on my hands now. He has helped me on a few things via the phone with good results.

Will give him a call and have him look into this for me.

Thanks for the help and replies.

Tully Lee Garrett