Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paint codes??

sawdust_128 Guest

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    You never know when somethings going to come up.

Attachment 3041
    Mike: Thank you for photoshopping that. Until you had, I was having flashbacks. That is exactly how my ex-wife looked the day I confronted her with the P.I.'s narrative, pictures and videos. Last time I saw her, she still looked like that --------- on her good days.

Man I can't leave you guys alone for a minute.

Jon, Bite me. You couldn't even find Tennessee until you got tired of paying taxes in NY, so I don't need any lip from a tee shirt alumni.

Loc, Big Fat Beagle Bite Me to you. I was 4 wheeling in THIS very truck when you were still riding your Big Wheel around in the driveway.

Pulpwood Man, don't listen to these envy mongers. The International Scout was quite possibly the world's first SUV and the only thing better than owning one is have one painted Pantone 166 sitting in your garage.

orng.jpg

pete.jpg

Hey Jon, If the Turd Boy had experienced upstate NY winters back in the days of his wonderful Scout, it would be in the junk yard like most of the others! Minus 0 temps and 6' of snow really showed the true character of the Scout, most had to be towed out of the drifts.

The only time JDUB used four wheel drive in OK or TX, was to throw some dust around in the gravel parking lot of the Barbeque Joint while strutting his stuff to the snuff crowd!

My father at one time was traffic manager of a company that leased its fleet of trucks. International made him a deal on the Scout so he drove several of them over the years. Unlike other vehicles they were as crude at the end as the first one was.

I remember them fondly. There is nothing more restful than sitting in one and being put to sleep by the sound of the thing rusting apart. The thing had all the sophistication of an Amish buggy, had about the same power, and went just as fast. While it had 4WD it also had manual front hubs so when you had snow up to your butt when you got out of work, you had the pleasure of trying to turn the hubs while the wind was blowing up your pants legs.

Then you had the pleasure of trying to start it. When it did start it was loud, rough, and drank gas at a rate worse than our buses. If I remember fuel consumption was in single digits.

But there must be something about them that sure gets JDUB worked up. For a guy that comes from a school that has to steal land from the Indians, colors from TN and letters from a school in OH, he sure gets excited.

You all are being way harsh on the old Scout. Your forgetting the best thing about um. Used, they were cheap and a monkey could keep one running. One winter we got two motorhomes stuck way back in the boonies while hunting in Colorado and we all rode back to Texas in a Scout. Well, not all of us. My mother refused to ride back home in that "POS" and we took her to the airport in Gunnison where she flew to Denver and then to Dallas. I'll never forget the trip. The Scout was cold, rough riding, and slow. The next spring my dad ask me if I wanted to drive up to Colorado with him to pick up the motorhome. I just kinda looked down at the ground and he said "I didn't think you would."

And who says you can't put a price on envy?

Ted,

You crossed the line. I would have believed the story but not the part about riding in a Scout all that way.

I don't think the floor would have lasted that long. It would have rusted through before it got to TX.

Wasn't the engine four of the old John Deere one lungers bolted together to make an International 4 cylinder engine? Didn't Yugo steal the plans?

sawdust_128 Guest

Default What school??

I am really confused now.

Doesn't OSU stand for Overrated Scout User group?

Isn't Pantone 166 their official color?

Isn't that cute little western dude the logo for the Over-rated Scout User group quilting club?

Doesn't the OSU web site pay you a $100 to join?

What has OSU got anything to do with a shool?

Please, help a guy out here.

Duster,

I really think that OSU means Oregon State University....the Beavers, no pun intended. Orange and Black...didn't see any black on the Pumpkin but maybe it needed more time!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

JDUB it's just a crying shame these guys won't be at OSH. A lot of brave talk over the net.

mm