Thread: The side rail brushes??

sawdust_128 Guest

Default The side rail brushes??

I have seen several coaches with a brush like barrier mounted along the length of the coach, on the underside, on both sides. One explanation I heard for this was that it reduced heat, exhaust and noise you might experience while sitting under the awning of your coach (.....of course on the ground).

I don't think it is too good looking, but if there is some real benefit to it, I would like to know. Makes the coach look like a big bug, a mechanical millipede or something.

I think those are typically seen on the sides of buses that also have the front plastic shields. The only thing uglier than either of those additions to the coach are the chinese lanterns for the awning and the map of the US with various states shown in different colors.

No Liberty coach will ever be seen with stuff that makes it look like a UPS semi. CC come standard with that stuff.

This is where Big John chimes in to defend his cowcatcher.

A coach with cruise airs in the basement would have a difficult time cooling with the brushes because the hot air could not escape from under the coach.Last week I was at a horse show and the grass was about 10 inches high and it created some problems for the cruise airs when the coach was lowered,so I raised it a few inches and then they worked fine.

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
    A coach with cruise airs in the basement would have a difficult time cooling with the brushes because the hot air could not escape from under the coach.Last week I was at a horse show and the grass was about 10 inches high and it created some problems for the cruise airs when the coach was lowered,so I raised it a few inches and then they worked fine.

Well, thanks for the heads up on that one. Never would have thunk that.

sawdust_128 Guest

Talking Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    I think those are typically seen on the sides of buses that also have the front plastic shields. The only thing uglier than either of those additions to the coach are the chinese lanterns for the awning and the map of the US with various states shown in different colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post

No Liberty coach will ever be seen with stuff that makes it look like a UPS semi. CC come standard with that stuff.

This is where Big John chimes in to defend his cowcatcher.

Wow Jon, the next thing that will happen is you will tell us how you really feel. Just so you know, I cancelled my order for the map of the US with various states shown in different colors and the chinese lanterns. But, I ordered the map and states as bling pieces with optional neck chains, chromed korean lanterns, the lexan sheild with the polished stainless backer and the brush things in changing, multi-color fiber optic. By the way, this was the recommendation from Liberty. They said they knew you and this would make you happy.

One can only hope.

Beats me what they are meant to do. They look like a hola skirt.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

sawdust_128 Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    Beats me what they are meant to do. They look like a hola skirt.

That's a good one!!