Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum Cleaner

Default Vacuum Cleaner

I know this is not a very "manly" subject, but I am wondering if anyone has found a good vacuum that is relatively small but has great power for cleaning the carpet in the bus. We brought one from home, but it doens't work good at all. It runs over a piece of fuzz 10 times before lifting it off the carpet.

I started to order an Oreck off eBay, but I've read several reviews that say they don't have great sucking power on carpets. Any suggestions for a lightweight, relatively small vacuum that has a good beater bar and great sucking power will be appreciated.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale,

We've tried all the small ones. None are really as good as the big house vacuums. We liked the Dirt Devil and we have a Bissel, neither outstanding but adequate.

Our Marathon came with an oreck cannister...nice enough but did not do the job. Tonight I used my sears small cannister vac ( a little bigger than the oreck). Since I was sealing the tile and grout, I needed it really clean. The sears did the job. Price was $49 with all the attachments.

Lightbulb

Dale I have found that the best vacuum around now is the Sears Kenmore, as shown in the link. It is not too heavy, and is easy to use and store. It has hepa filter, and all attachments are in the canister. Don't mess around with an upright. They are a PITA, and heavy, and can't get under and around furniture.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...000P?adCell=A3

JIM
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 07-15-2008 at 08:16 PM.

When we were in the market for a vacuum, the Euro-Shark was touted as a good one. The model we ended up with was well over $100. and didn't do the job. We finally ended up with a 2.5 gal. shop vac from Home Depot, works great.

I can see with this clear pattern of recommendations, that I shouldn't have any problem at all in selecting the vacuum that most of you use. I think I am going with the medium size upright canister shop vac with a good beater bar and brush.
    Dale & Paulette

Default Shop vac

Brian, I like shop vacs too, but have never had one that didn't belch some dust when you fire it up. What a pain..

Quote Originally Posted by BrianE View Post
    When we were in the market for a vacuum, the Euro-Shark was touted as a good one. The model we ended up with was well over $100. and didn't do the job. We finally ended up with a 2.5 gal. shop vac from Home Depot, works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I can see with this clear pattern of recommendations, that I shouldn't have any problem at all in selecting the vacuum that most of you use. I think I am going with the medium size upright canister shop vac with a good beater bar and brush.
    Dale, That was funny.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

wrongagain Guest

Hoover wind tunnel bagless canister
    model # S3765040
    $237.00
    I keep it under the lift up bed thing on the bus.
    Fits under there no problem at all.
    This thing works so much better than the $600.00 vacuum I had at the house I bought another one.
    No lie, it will pull your arm off compared to any other vacuum we have ever had.

The one thing that I see is that I am going with a canister vac. I have 6 others at home, and some way, ended up with the least effective one in the bus, so I think I will get a Sears canister to use for the next couple months. Thanks for everyone's input.
    Dale & Paulette