Thread: Painting the Engine

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Painting the Engine

I have been thinking about painting the engine as other posters have commented, as I am unemployed. It doesn't need painting, but, well...

One option is to paint the S60 silver in honor of the venerable 8V92, to keep the tradition alive.

Then there is the Gothic interpretation, which is to paint it high-gloss black, but that's tough to check to see if there are any spills, leaks, etc. Practical limitations.

Going camo just doesn't seem to make sense, as then there are all those decisions about which color to put where.

At the moment, the Jackson Pollock approach has caught my fancy, as you can do whatever you feel at the moment. Just get lots of paint and let 'er rip. A drip here, a streak there, and so on.

Too bad they don't make a mirrored paint. Of course the alternative is to decide on a paint job, get it done and then place mirrors all around the engine compartment. There are some practical advantages to that, as the mirror images would allow for easy inspection for maintenance.

Decisions, decisions.

Of course at the moment, the Sled Dog is fixed on having the shower work, so perhaps the engine painting priority may slip a bit.
    Last edited by Just Plain Jeff; 06-04-2006 at 05:15 PM.