Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: macerator pumps, Liberty Coach

lewpopp Guest

I will learn something by accident somewhere along the way.

I would believe I would not have to prime my mascerater if myne is below the black and gray tank. Am I correct?

ken&ellen Guest

Default Prime switch

Lew, I too learn something new. That is you have to prime the macerator pump?
    I am hoping the " prime " on my holding tank level indicator is for that purpose otherwise I will continue to use the gravity system of dumping.

Ken

I didn't have to prime mine as the suction was pretty much flooded after I opened the valve from the black water tank to the macerator pump inlet. However, I may hook the water hose up backward thru the discharge and flush it out. I think I have an impacted turd in the inlet.

pognumber26 Guest

Default the 115 reasons that...a Liberty coach

And which number is the exclusive macerator pump...Was it # 100??

Default Speaking of s#$&

This seems like the right thread to jump into. On our 94 Liberty, the dump outlet hangs well below the bus body. Am always concerned about a knock off. I carry all the parts to fix it but that could be after a very embarrasing mess. Has anyone modified this arrangement with a clever little door in the bay door or something else that works? Thanks

Brian
    '94 Liberty Classic XL

Brian,

Our '92 has an outlet that also hangs down and would appear to be an accident looking for a place to happen. So far it has never been whacked and shows no signs of ever being replaced.

If you stay away from those Jimmy Buffett concerts, bad things don't generally happen to your coach

Just Plain Jeff Guest

If you don't use the macerator pump frequently it does need to be back-primed. We ran into this with our Liberty and a quick call to N. Chicago gave us that info. You back prime the pump, turn it on and when you hear 'turbulence in the tank,' (and I am not going any farther with that description), then you know you are set. Unhook the back prime hose and let 'er rip.

Apparently the macerator pump is NOT a self-priming pump, despite the label.

win42 Guest

I have owned my 91 Royale nine years and have wondered what use the macerator could provide. I was quite sure it wasn't a deterent to tail gators. Mine is in the top of the black water tank and has a hose runing to the rear of engine compartment. I had always heard people that own Prevosts #@it doesn't stink and figured this is how it got into those little plastic bags.

Seriously there have been times when I'm sure, used properly hooked up to a dump site, it would help keepthe black water emptied. All campground drain hookups are higher than my gravity outlet. Some of you have had success using the maceato in this mnor? please tell me more.
    It's been a lonely 9 years not knowing any oher Prevost owners.

I don't personally have a macerator, but I can think of some ways it would be used. Have you ever gotten home from a trip, and weren't able to dump? Like you dumped before leaving the campground, and then Junior (or was it Missus), had to use the potty before you got home?

With a macerator you can hook up a standard garden hose, and dump all the way into your house toilet, or if you have a small sewer access, you can do the same. Not being able to dump at home has been an issue for me in the past.

Obviously, you wouldn't want to use that garden hose for much else??

ray

Win 42,

Glad you are here and after a few weeks, you may decide lonely wasn't so bad afterall.

Just as Ray stated, we have a sewer cleanout right behind the hedge in the front of the house. A 20' hose will reach it and you can pump the black water tank out in short order with the macerator.

I also run into RV sewer hook-ups that are high enough that the tank doesn't fully drain or leaves the hose full. In several places where we dry camp or just have power, we use the sewer tank to garden hose adapter to drain the grey water into a convenient spot. I'm sure this is unheard of in the east, but here in flyover country, the world is our toilet, so game on.