Thread: macerator pumps, Liberty Coach

Hybrid View

lewpopp Guest

When I was stuck in the middle of the yard for over a week when I had my axil problems, a macerator cam in real handy. I could have been the original cuz it burnt out after running it several minutes. I now have a shiney brand new one with led lights on it. Looks neat.

With a macerator, you can do one of the things that plumbers say cannot happen. They say poop doesn't run up hill, but it does woth one of these fellows.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

My aren't we thin-skinned. The 'guy in Tennessee,' is the chicken farmer who lives next to the now-defunct BG facility near Knoxville. (Many stories about him).

At one point there was a new fancy coach visiting there and the owners had two very large dogs. They decided to let the dogs run free while the coach was in the service department.

Before long, here came the farmer walking up the visitor's center, shotgun in hand. Helen, always trusting the best in everyone said, "Hey, that guy has a gun, what's he going to do?"

I said, "I think he is going to shoot the dogs."

Out from the sales department came two sales guys with their Hawaiian shirts on (no socks) running toward the chicken farmer.

Indeed, it was his intent to shoot at least the two dogs for getting into his chicken coop. After much heated conversation, a financial transaction occurred and the chicken farmer retreated to his home.

Of course,later in the day, I engaged the chicken farmer in conversation and it was, well, a rather interesting chat. It was his sense that too many of the coaches being brought in for service were there needlessly, and that many of the problems the owners had could be repaired with what was at hand; the macerator pump being just one of them.

He said that timing was everything.

And indeed, it is if you are attempting to prime the macerator by creating suction.

And there it is.

OK, I'll accept your story. I just did not want you spreading untrue tales about a fellow POG member.

I'll have you know I replaced the factory original black macerator hose with a clear one so I could monitor the oral priming process. As you said...timing is everything. Free advice: should you misjudge on the timing thing, do not swallow.