Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Michelin Tires

In a little defense, I knew not to hit the brakes, but accellerating was news to me. No-one has ever mentioned it, and I've never seen it here. So, not quite sure where I would have had that knowledge.

Ray

Default Let'er Drift..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    I would like to see a demonstration in "drifting", in a 45er
    At 85mph down Donner Joe?

So does this mean you're coming to Spearfish?

If your old enough and drove really old trucks, 60's, do you remember the dash valve that you could throw that would take the front brakes off line? The purpose was to help maintain steerage while braking in snow and ice, but the side benny was if you blew a steer tire and jumped on the brakes, no big deal. Prior to this era, there were no brakes on the front axle.

Just a little tidbit from the past for those of you that give a rats ass.....

And what the hell does all this have to do with Parts & Pieces for Sale or Trade?

lewpopp Guest

I guess a lot of us learned from the video telling us what to do. Another thing you learned from Darl's post was not to mention you learned from it. In the future, if you do post you learned something, Darl will jump your bones like he did here.

Sorry Darl, I did take my meds and as a matter of fact, they reduced the amount I need, so there!

Tuck: Was that truck pre 1800? I not old enough to know this kinda stuff.

Did you see it on the History Channel or do you really know this from experience?
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Don't know about drifting Joe, but JDUB is reported to be the "drafting" pro. By the way the truk has forgotten more about herding a big rig than most of us will ever know and a nice line of BS besides.

King - I was driving a White JT and a 35' trailer at age 14, while my grandfather took a snooze in the right seat. My Dad wouldn't let me drive his truck on the road, so I would always try to go with my Grandfather. I fueled trucks, washed trucks, unloaded trucks and did just about everything in between while in school. After Vietnam, I went straight to driving, hauling produce from upstate NY to the Big Apple. Drove and was an Owner Operator for 15 years, then got smart and started dispatching. Then got stupid over the years and at one time had 175 trucks. Then got smart again by forming a Logistic Company with no owned trucks. Still drive occasionally, trucks today will really spoil ya..

Back in the old days, it was an honorable profession with great drivers that would help anyone anytime. It's not that way anymore, just listen to the CB.
    So there, no history channel here big boy.

Brian - BS? You've been listening to Mango and Jdub.

Ok now as I understand it : Truk has done the research, design and engineering and will soon have kits available for all POG members to push a button on our dash and disable our front brakes. This will allow us to buy cheaper steering tires, maybe even re-caps. Way to go Truk. $$$$
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

If you haven't driven six months out of the year on snow covered roads you can't appreciate what a blessing it is to be able to steer out of a skid, something not always possible if the drives are fully loaded and thus will not lockup until long after the steers have locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    King - I was driving a White JT and a 35' trailer at age 14D
    Below is a White JT in pristine condition..............
    Attached Images Attached Images