Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marathon Texas

Default Defroster Fixed

So Jer, you mentioned your Defroster was fixed? Was that the problem you talked about a couple of months ago, where the air blows a plenty out of the windshield defrosters, but you get nothing in the way of air out of your dash registers? If so I have that problem too.

Esplain what they did to fix that issue, please.

Thanks.

Gary S.

lewpopp Guest

I think Prevost likes to tell you to leave after the work is done and the bill will follow. I think you should insist they complete the bill as you wait and they would be convinced you care about the bill. Even what they did would be fresh on your mind and you can prove what differences you find.

Prevost loves to send you a bill in the mail so they can shove it so far up your A-- and you know there is no sun shining there.

But hell, these Texans have all the good things so they don't care. HMMMM.

dreamchasers Guest

Gary,

My coach has the same symptom, that being 'mucho' air coming out of the defroster vents and very little coming from the vents in the dash. I would also be interested in hearing what the fix was? It would be nice to re direct all that air flow to the dash registers.

Hector

I had a no air coming out of two of my dash vent so I removed the panel that it looks like most converters install to make the entryway look nice. I found the hoses to the vents had fallen off over time. I also found that over the years all the other hose clamps were now loose. With all the hoses now attached the air flow is better.
    When I started this project it was to find out why the fans had a high pitched noise at the higher speeds. That was a simple fix. The Prevost installed air filter was covered with lint. Washing the filter made a big difference in the fan noise level.

Larry,

Are you saying there is an air intake filter for the dash air? If so, where is it located?

Truk,there is a filter for the dash air,in the XLII it is at the base of the dash on the floor just above the top entrance step.It is a reusable filter also the manual shows the location,but the converter might have hidden the filter behind their modified dash.

Hector, I am hoping that JDUB will explain how Marathon fixed his Dash air problem, and that I can do the same to fix mine.

I have a vent in the dash just above the steps but their is no filter there?

I will have to look further behind that dash area to see if I can detect any loose clamps or air hoses that have come off. Again I get lots of air out of the defroster vents, but nothing to speak of out of any of the dash register vents.

Jer, are you out there. Gots anything to add to my dilemma ? A solution perhaps?

Well the answer is that the right side defroster outlet was blocked. I didn't notice an abnormal amount of air coming out of the defroster vents driving home, but to tell you the truth, I wasn't look at it very hard either. But there was cold air coming out of that side, so I will look it over when we leave on Wednesday and report back.

I was told that you can never completely cut the air off to the defroster vents. I think this has something to do with the large windows and the amount of heat they pass, so to keep the front of the coach comfortable, air comes out these vents. Also, there are no dash vents on the passanger side, so that may also have something to do with it.

All dash air units will have a return air opening. If you refer to your manual, (for my XLII it is described on pg. 7-9) It shows the opening with filter at the top of step @ RH dash wall. I have to remove a stylish stainless grill which covers the entire step wall on that side to access the filter. My filter had never been cleaned probably and was packed with dirt, hair, etc.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default JDUB - Audio Visual Technician

Got the coach back home and discovered the TV in the bedroom would not turn on. I'm thinking it was jacked up when they were working on it in Dallas but maybe not.

Some troubleshooting reveals there is power to the plug on the TV but it acts dead. So I make myself comfortable in the closet whilst Rae holds the TV and I remove it from the brackets in the AV alcove.

I suspected the power cord had come unplugged from the TV. I don't know why, but on a lot of the new LCD and plasma TVs, the power cord also plugs into the TV instead of being hard wired. And as fate would have it, the plug resides behind the bracket that is attached to the back of the TV to hold it in place so you can't inspect it without removing the whole TV.

So we get it out and sure enough, the plug was loose. So we go to reinstall it and I quickly determine the best method is to pull the mount out and re-attach it to the TV then reinstall the whole mount.

Now I am sweating like a fat chick all wadded up in that closet and with my best electric screwdriver humming along while we get this thing hammered back in place. The test was successful and the TV is now ready to entertain the Spawn of Satan on the trip to OSH.

I can't imagine the pain someone who is not very handy with tools goes thru trying to keep one of these coaches humming along. I would have hated to haul that sow back to Marathon because a plug no one can see had jiggled loose.