Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never a dull moment

Talking Saturday and all is well.

After 3 days of escalating fires, the fires have moved further North-East from my neighborhood. We had B-52 type Bombers, military helicopters, DC-10 Jet and over 1100 ground personel working around the clock on ths one. Its still raging (6500 acres burned) burning 50 to 100 year old chapperal. We were all evcuated thursday night but I managed to get back in yesterday and spent the day watering everything down and maintaing a watch. My wife and kids were not allowed back in until today.
    The Governorator (Arnold) showed up today. He said there were over 1500 fires in California started in the last 17 days.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Better news

Gary: That certainly is a better post than the last one! So glad to hear that you and family returned to your home safely. Micki and I are thankful for that news and I know you are too!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Gary,

Karen and I are glad to hear that you and your family are o.k. We will be praying for you and yours, we can identify with natural disasters. Hope everything comes out good.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Thanks to everyone. The news said we were priority one in Federal and State assistance for fighting this fire (9000 acres buned to date now), there were over 1200 homes threatened at the height of the fire. Now the fire is still raging but it is further away from major neighborhoods.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Wow

That is too close for comfort Gary.

If you need a place to escape we are not too far off, but I imagine you want to be closer to home. If you need a hand let me know.

Gary, we were thinking of you when I heard about the fires up there. I did not see your post until today, and we are thankful everything is OK. I was listening to the news on the way in this morning, and it sounded like they had a good handle on the south end. Our prayers are with you.
    Steve & Rhonda Bennett
    Dana Point, CA
    92 Marathon XL40
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
    Owner: California Coach Company, LLC

GaryD,

Nice pix of your house. Is that Lew I see in the left seat?

Picture 5.jpg

mm

Default Update for Gary's situation

Wisely my son planned a vacation at Lake Shasta and invited us and another son plus a lot of grand children. They are in a house high on a wooded hill and we are at Mountain Gate, a little north of Redding. We have several brave firefighters at an encampment just across the road from the RV Park where we are staying. They are working on the Shasta-Trinty Lighting complex fires. While searching for information on this fire I found some info about the Los Padres fire at Goleta near where Gary and his family live. There are several links at these sites to get more info.

We were happy to leave Reno last Saturday because all of the smoke from the CA fires that Harry talked about. Now we are much closer to some of the fires but we have less smoke. Go figure! Although the winds were predicted to be fairly calm ( 6 mph) we're currently having strong gusts rocking the bus. The temp here yesterday was 111 degrees and is projected to exceed that for the next 3 days. At least, at this point, unlike Gary, we are not in any danger and don't expect to have our vacation seriously impacted.

Hopefully you will have a happy ending Gary and like the rest of your fellow POGers, if you need anything just call. (everything is on Dale's map)

Darl