Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aux compressor

Lew...you are dealing with 2 separate unrelated issues. The leans for lack of a better word and aux air system leaks.

I suspect, but do not know if your pump pressure switch is set too high, or if the air at max pump pressure is leaking out at a rate too fast for the pump to keep up with.

The question of where to begin with aux sytem leaks is a good one and should be answered by Marathon owners, especially those who have had experience with your vintage of coach. Each converter has a variety of devices on an aux air system and there are ways to isolate those devices to find leaks.

As to the leans, it is going to be specific to either the front, left rear or right rear, although it is possible for all three separate sections to be leaking if the Norgrens and air bags are old.

Don't worry about the coach however until you get your health and meds under control. The coach will wait.

Louie,

Hang in there! I would suggest you run the aux compressor and watch the pressure gauge while it's running. Your compressor should have a pressure gauge on it, or look in the steering bay, you WILL find one. Watch it while the compressor runs and see if it's building pressure. If it kind of just hangs there and doesn't build, it could be the compressor itself. If you had an aux air leak that was bad enough that the compressor couldn't keep up, you should be able to hear it.

Like Jon said, forget the suspension for now and concentrate on the air floor slide, toilet (if it's air), air seat, any air pocket doors, generator air bags if you have them and any other air operated gizmos.

I feel sorry for Kathy right now!

Lew, do you have an air ride drivers seat. They do have a tendency to leak. find the line from the front compartment going up to the seat and turn it off. See if that stops the leak. Ours had a seperate valve and I'll bet you do too.

I hope the med's change helps. Take care of yourself first, the rest is just barely important...

Mike and Karen

lewpopp Guest

Thanks guys for all of the suggestions and tips. Yes, I do know that the leans is separate from my present problem

Horrie Mackeral, the Greek Dr finally called in the script at 4 pm and the pharmacists told Kathy that the dose is for 6 days and "tastes like shit". His exact words. I took it like a man and held my nose and it worked.

I have been spending amlpe time at the compartment under the drivers seat so maybe that's the proble,\m. Maybe I should have a beer like the rest of you guys.

The compressor took off again and ran for about 10 minutes today and I shut it down again. I turn it on about an hour later and it pumps up to 90 and shuts down. About once a day that happens.

Several years ago i replaced the front seats and kinked the air supply to the seat. I will check that and perhaps plug it off properly and see if that's the culprit.

I am repeating my self, but it pumps to 90 and leaks down to 67 and holds and services the air needs for most of the day. It came on as we were going to dinner and I waited and it went off in 3 minutes. It used to only take 2 minutes.

Lew,

This is not a repair in the sense of the word, but it may temporarily ease your concerns.

Reset the cutoff and start pressure points for your compressor. If you do not need 90 PSI, adjust the compressor "off" pressure to 75 or 80. That is going to reduce the load on the compressor.

Then adjust the "on" pressure to 50 or 55 for example, assuming that pressure is sufficient for the systems that require pressure. In other words it appears your leak down rate based on time is less at lower pressure. Until you wish to find the leaks just set the aux compressor on and off settings to maintain a lower system pressure. On my coach I could do the same thing because unless I wanted to level the coach using the aux system air everything else will function at relatively low pressure settings such as the bed lift and pocket doors.

lewpopp Guest

Jon, thanks a lot. I expect your idea is the best for now. I haven't taken the time yet to look for the line to the seat that we kinked. Other issues seem to weigh more right now. All the cycles seemed to be normal today.