Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never a dull moment

Smile Never a dull moment

The Fires in Santa Barbara have been burning for several days now, last night the winds changed and threatened my neighborhood. We stood outside and watched the helicopters dumping water on the fire a half a mile away.Borate Bombers had ceased operations an hour earlier. I could feel the heat and the wind gusting to 35 mph.
    I went thru this 18 years ago almost to the day when our neighborhood was burned to the ground and only mine and a handful of homes were left standing. Back then our youngest daughter was 6 months old and the other two girls were 3 and 5 years old.
    Now , my 3 daughters & son, dogs and cats all had to be evacuated. the fire engines are parked on my street and they are asking everyone to leave.
    My oldest daugther was packing her clothes ,can't leave those, the other two were moving our valuables and keep sakes into cars and trucks.
    I had moved my bus onto the street an hour earlier anticipating the evacuation.
    The smoke and ash was dumping everywhere, it was time to go.
    My wife and the kids headed downtown to Grandpa's.
    I drove the bus down to the flat lands by Goleta Hospital. The Ash and smoke was worse down there but no threat of fire. I took the two larger dogs with me. Parked the bus and went to sleep.
    Morning was clear and the smoke lifted, and the fire was calm for lack of wind. We'll see how tonight goes. I moved the bus home. I'm thinking the threat has passed , we'll see.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

dalej Guest

Jan and I will pray for your family Gary. We have been watching it get close to you but didn't know exactly how far it was. It's hard to believe that there is that much burning out there.

Talk to Harry yesterday and he said it was really smokey around him because of the fires.

How frigthening Gary! I have several friends in CA and they have been sending reports to me regarding the smoke, the ash, the inability to breath, just terrible. No end in sight for at least the northern fires. My concern in our area is that we are in extreme drought conditions and they have not banned the use of fireworks for tonight! I may have to sit outside by the barn with a couple hoses!

Take care and stay safe......

Gary, glad to hear that it's better today. Prayers are with you that the worst is past!

If there is anything we can do to help, you've got the number ...

Ray

Gary,

When you said "never a dull moment" I'm figuring you added a plexiglass shield to the front of your Liberty. NOT your house is getting ready to burn to the ground with all your worldly possessions. That headline was a little understated. Glad things are working out.

MM

Good luck Gary,save that Liberty!!!!

sawdust_128 Guest

Default Hang in there

Hope all this works out for you and your family.

Gary & Family, you are in our prayers, thats one Great Thing about this country we have the FREEDOM to Pray and they can never take that away!!
    We live in the Central Valley and see the effects of the fires! The thing I can't figure out why they are allowing privite fireworks? I know the firework stands in Visalia are flat dead. Anyway thats my opinion. Happy 4th America!!

Sid & Judy Tuls
    2007 Thompson XL 2 45'

Hope all is well Gary, we're all thinking about you...

Gary,

Di and I are thinking of you. We hope the fires are ended.