Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inverter Repair

dreamchasers Guest

Default Inverter Repair

I have read somewhere in the vast array of forum data of inverter repairs. The specific post I am looking for is the one which posted an address and phone number of a electrical repair shop that repaired inverters and had knowledge of the equipment. I think the shop was in New Mexico. I can't find it!

My search abilities using the forum needs tuning.

Any help is appreciated.

Hector

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Gusdorf Elecrtonics (small guy, one employee Dave, company carries his last name)
    649 Camino De La Luse
    Santa Fe, New Mexico

505-983-4095

dreamchasers Guest

Default Thanks

Joe,

Thanks you so much. I will give him a call tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Hector

Hector,

I think you and I have the heart interface 2500 inverters. If that is the case I know that if the problem lies with a board and not the transformer you can easily open the case, pull the boards and fan and replace them yourself.

I would contact the company (I don't know the geneology to determine who owns it any more) and see if the boards are rebuildable and if so if you can send yours in.

The good news is you can diagnose this yourself if you have two inverters you can swap parts until you find which board is malfuncting.

These are plug and play so it is not real complicated doing any of this.

Shipping the inverter will cost more than the inverter costs because of the weight of those things.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Dave over in N.M. did just that with us. He helped me diagnose it over the phone explained how to disassemble it and all we shipped him was the board that he rebuilt.

If you call Zantex for questions and need parts for a Heart they refer you to Gusdorf that is how I found him.

Default News Flash - Xantrex doesn't sell circuit boards anymore

My Heart combi 2500 Inverter crashed and burned today. I spoke to a tech from Field Technical Services in Houston about buying the circuit boards and a Triac switch. My inverter showed an E - 07 error which is a Triac overheating situation. He told me that the switch is only a few dollars but after Xantrex bought out Heart they won't sell parts any more. So I sent the inverter UPS to him in Houston. I was also told the same thing by Discount Solar in AZ.

I searched on eBay for inverter/chargers to no avail. Guess I will just have to bite the bullet and have it repaired.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Tuga if that avenue turns out to be a dead end let me give you another option before giving up. This is the guy xantrax sold all the surplus parts for Heart and who they refer all repairs to. Dave, great guy.

Gusdorf electronics
    Camino de la loose dr.
    Santa Fe new Mexico

Thanks Joe,

I just called Dave about an hour ago. He says that he doesn't have any parts in stock but he can still get them. A main board is $660 and an AC board is about $120 and a Triac switch is about $8. With my luck it will be a main board

It is odd: 2 service techs tell you they can not sell parts directly to the public because of Xantrex company policy and Dave says he can sell them. It is good to know about Dave: if my repair estimate comes back too high I'll call Dave and do business with him.

Thanks again for the good info Joe; you are the Man!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default Update

My main board was fried
    Found a place in Houston (Field Technical Services) and their price on a main board was $561 plus labor to install. I am letting them do the repair. Thanks for all of the help.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default Ebay Inverter

I lost an inverter and sent it to a repair shop in Victorville CA. For a price of $2000.00 which is a little more than a new one they could fix my unit. I hooked up the A/C to the second inverter and it carried the coach, charged the batteries just fine until I could find a rebuilt 2500 Xantrex. I got one on Ebay for under a $1000.00, the owner said it was used but it was new.

Factory package, no sign it had ever been touched. Easy install.