Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Air Card, 3G wireless internet

Default good question

Good question - Here is all the details: http://customcoachconnectiontn.web.o...rInternet.aspx Just look at the comparison chart on the page. If that doesn't clear it up feel free to ask. The key is "No overage charges & No taxes"

I am curious. Can the device be stopped/started on a month to month basis. I currently pay $60/mo for ATT but I have to pay every month used or not. I only travel a few times a year so I want a data service like iPad that can be turned off and on.

Gary, what is involved in the install for this product? Is it just plug and play?
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Ray, I see (http://www.autonetmobile.com/support/faq/) it says a 1 year contract is required.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Has a 1 year committment then it's month to month. At $30 per month compared to $60 per month it really is just a six month committment in dollar and cents. I use mine in and out of the house so don't need to shut it off. I went the two years just to ensure I get the $30 per month for that long.

jelmore Guest

Gary, this device receives 10x better that an ordinary data card? Is that 10x better range, like instead of receiving 4 bars at 1 mile it will receive 4 bars at 10 miles And what does no overage charges mean? If you go over 5 GB, there's no additional charge? That would be an unlimited data plan and I didn't think any one offered that any more. Is this only available on Verizon? We use both Verizon and Sprint to give us maximum coverage. It's $120 a month for both but we're almost always well covered.

Jim,

I found this on their site:

What happens if I exceed my data plan?
    If you exceed your monthly data plan of 1GB or 5GB, your connection speed will decrease until the new month starts. The throttling is progressive. The more you exceed your limit the slower your connection.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Jim,

Roadrunner is correct, they slow your connection down but don't charge you a dime. If you find the $29/month plan isn't enough it is a simple phone call to go to the bigger plan.

Tony, there really isn't any install. You give the unit 12V DC power connect to the unit with either a network cable or wireless and the first page it takes you to is the Autonet Mobile site to sign up for service. You can go with either the $29/month or the $59/per month. I find most are very happy with the $29/month but as I said above, a simple phone call to the 800 number on the back of the unit allows you to go up to the $59/month plan.

I know this sounds too good to be true but it's not and it's simple. I've had mine for a year now and have distributed literally hundreds of these in that time with no complaints.

Jim,

Sorry I forgot to answer the 10X question. 10X refers to transmit recieve power and means it has the wattage to reach out further to recieve a cellular tower signal. Aircards and phone are governed to a very small wattage because they are personal cell devices, this unit is designed to be in a remote location such as a car trunk, RV cabinet and so on so it's not governed by the same FCC rules. For even futher reception capability it has the ability to have an optional external antenna such as the Wilson trucker/RV antenna to increase range even further. I haven't went this route because I wanted to see just what the little rubber antenna that's included on the unit would do inside the bus. So far I haven't found a place I didn't have signal yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gswaim
    Has a 1 year committment then it's month to month
    Once you reach the month to month, can I turn it off, let's say for 3 months, call up turn it on for a month, then turn it off for 3 again? All this without incurring a new one year commitment? If I restart, is there a reconnection charge?

I'd be happy with a 1 year commitment, if after that time I could turn on and off at will.