Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Card, 3G wireless internet

Warren,

If you have any left, I'm interested in one also.

Alek

Default Cards

Cards are all spoken for now!

Thanks!

We have been on the road for about one month now, have both a Motosat and a Cell booster with repeater inside the bus that brings up the bars by 100% or more. We use a Top Global Router that holds the Verizon 727 modem USB card. This works great and allows both Pam and I to have a network inside the Bus for all of our Macs, plus cell phone from the booster. have been in some remote regions of Maine, Rangeley lakes and it works well, often better than the Motosat.

Born and raised in NJ..Still live there..

Hi Ted and Jan,
    I have AT&T Cell...and a wireless router I was using in the house when I had a boarder...I wonder if I could make use of the router I bought for his computer in the Bus now since I still have it and it's doing nothing anymore...
    Is there any relationship between an AT&T air card and this wireless router I have....Also what is a TopGlobal router...is it just a different brand name..?? I could sure use a quickie education about these things..as the only way I ever get on line in the coach is via Wifi ...if I get lucky and close enough to borrow someone's connection to the Net...

Mine is a "NetGear wireless N 150 Router WNR 1000 v2"

Appreciate any in put at all...
    Hugs Always Viv
    88 Prevo Le Mirage XL

Quote Originally Posted by tdelorme View Post
    Adam, we use an AT&T air card plugged into a TopGlobal router. Works great for us. Tonight we are in Texarkana, TX and both online at the same time. Speed is reasonable. Not super fast, but acceptable.

I was surfing the net and saw this little gizmo! In motion internet service for $89,000! What's the difference between this thing and an air card? Don't both connect you to the WWW?

http://www.satellitesinmotion.com/m7...TRA-The%20COTM
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post
    I was surfing the net and saw this little gizmo! In motion internet service for $89,000! What's the difference between this thing and an air card? Don't both connect you to the WWW?

http://www.satellitesinmotion.com/m7...TRA-The%20COTM
    Tuga, with your example you get FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet if we get every POG member to purchase one, we could get this price down to $85,000 each!
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Tuga,

Did you have one to many Hurricanes?

Thumbs up A better way to stay connected!

For those not aware, there is now a service and a wireless device that brings any vehicle highspeed internet without dropping the connection while going down the road. It's called Autonet Moble . They have recieved certification from all of the major auto manufacturers and are being built in to automibiles currently by most auto builders. I have been licensed by AutoNet Mobile to bring them to the RV industry as an aftermarket unit.

I've had MotoSat Datastorm, Verizon aircard and cradlepoint MBR1000 router and this unit has beat them by performance and cost. Since it works on the Verizon network it has the best cellualar coverage but the monthly service is only $29/month since the service is paid for throught autonet Mobile. Since it has a comercial cellular radio it's 10X stronger than the aircards. It also has a wifi router built right into it so with one 12V dc power connection it does it all. I have one of these in my bus and it works flawlessly without a external antenna. Some have reported getting unbelieveable reception border to border with an external cellular antenna. It has all kinds of features but the best part is it retails for under $500 and has a monthly service cost of $29.mth. Contact me if you would like more info. I'll have these with me at POG 9

Gary, what do you get for $29.00/month, compared to Verizon?