Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Card, 3G wireless internet

From your experience which provider is better ATT or Verizon for wireless internet ?

Alek

Default CR Ratings

Alek, Verizon just bought Altel making them the largest cellular company in the US. They are also the highest rated by Consumer Reports.

ATT Wireless works well for us because we have more coverage in the areas where we travel than with Verizon.

If I were in your area I would consider Verizon.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Alek we were looking for a service that we only needed maybe 2 months a year and did not want to have to get another # and sign another contract.

We have Verizon and if you get the mobil office manager kit at one of their stores you can get high speed service through your existing # and have it turned on and off as required. It is just as fast as at home is about 35 bucks a month and you only pay for the time you have it activated. I remember going 6weeks once and was pleasantly surprised when they only charged us by the day for the last 2 weeks instead of the full second month.

The office manager kit includes a disc that installs easy and an OSB cord to hook your phone to the computer.

We used Debs brother Harry as a ginni pig, he is OTR trucking for a living and gets the least signal loss from Verizon.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 06-29-2008 at 05:40 PM.

How are you? Last I read they were totaling the bus and it was not good news. Any change?
    The bus has been totaled by insurance, however now almost 3 months later, I'm still waiting for a check. Everyone gets paid before I do. The loan on the bus was paid back on June 11th, however the insurance company is waiting to receive title, before they send the remainder to me.

Seems a bit unfair, they've got the bus, and they won't pay me for it!

I don't have the title, it's held by the loan company, who said they are sending to CA DMV for a paper title. Something about they have only held an electronic title.

Pain in the ....

Ray

Default 3G Cards

We have a Verizon and ATT card in our two Mac's. I would vote for the ATT card my wife has for speed and coverage. I grab it every now and then when Verizon drops. The ATT seams to have more coverage.

With that said I just got a cable to hook my Verizon 740 card to my Wilson amp and outside antenna. I go from one bar to full coverage when I plug in to the amp. I also got a cradle to allow the Iphone to hook to the amp/antenna.

It really works.

Default Verizon Cards

If anyone wants a Verizon air card (the kind you slide into a laptop) we are switching out Verizon for ATT and I have a few cards. They usually charge 240.00 or so for them if I remember right. Yours for the asking (ok you can buy me lunch at a rally).

The reason for the switch is we dumped nextel/verizon for cellular and data at work because ATT gave me a package deal I couldn't refuse for 25 phones and 4 cards.

Jelloman,

I'll take one.

Thanks

Mango

dalej Guest

Warren,

If you have any more left, I'll take one. I called Verizon and they said it would work good for me when traveling.

Let me know if you know anything else about this. Right now when in a Verizon digital area, I just plug in our phone and I'm online. Sounds like with the air card, I just pay for the days I'm using it or traveling, but works with other wireless towers and where ever there a signal.

Mike: I'm interested in your whole antenna setup and hookup to Verizon. Where can I obtaan all the hardware to get it done? The info may have been on a previous post that I missed. Sounds like you and Dee are enjoying your new freedom from company. Congratulations. Hope to hook up with you when we get back to busing.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

dalej Guest

Harry! how can you be online....I can't even get you on your cell! Just maybe your caller ID is working ok.