Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Soft Market?????

Default Soft Market?????

In case anybody is of the opinion the market is not in the dumper Phil Cooper's site has an 03 H3 DOUBLE SLIDE for under $400,000.

Also listed is a 2001 Liberty non slide for under $400,000.

I wonder if it's still going lower or if these two coaches are being dumped because the owners really need the cash.

I'm glad I don't have an inventory of coaches that I own that I have to sell the prices seem to be going down faster than oil is going up.

I'm missing something. I don't see any 03 H3 double slide anywhere near 400. I see the Liberty, though.

sawdust_128 Guest

Default Under $400k

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    I'm missing something. I don't see any 03 H3 double slide anywhere near 400. I see the Liberty, though.
    Look under the What's new from the main page

Ahh, thanks. It wasn't listed on the front inventory page!

OK, just so we're clear. It is a 1999 coach, with new front and back cap in 2003. It's NOT a 2003 coach.

Ray

dalej Guest

Ray! does this mean what I think it means???

PS..Jon it is a 1999 H345. it looks as if it were an 03 because it's the stock ID number.
    Last edited by dalej; 06-18-2008 at 02:47 PM.

I'm not sure what you think it means?

Am I buying? No, not yet. Am I looking? I'm keeping my eyes open ...

ray

My bad.....but at that price with a double slide it will still have a big impact on the market.

A double slide coach at one time carried a substantial premium over a non slide coach, often as much as $75,000 per slide. At one time.

It was very recent when a non slide H3 of that vintage was near that price.

I realize there are a huge number of factors that go into the pricing of a coach and more importantly for a purchaser to decide what to pay. In today's market the buyer is clearly in control. The unsophisticated buyer however will be guided by numbers such as these and use them to established what he will pay for a comparable coach regardless of converter, equipment and if there will be future support.

It's a bit unfortunate (for us buyers), that there are naive buyers out there who are paying more than top dollar for a coach.

I had been looking at a 2000 XL, which looked very much like my last coach. It was a 40 ft non-slide Marathon. Nothing really "special" about it, however it was impecably maintained, and the owner was an owner of a classic car business.

So, he priced the coach at $460k. In phone conversation with me, he indicated $375k cash would do the deal.

I checked back a month later, and $375 was still bottom line. In fact the owner was a bit arrogant in that I would suggest less. However, the coach seems to have sold about a week later. I'm not sure what he got for it, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't gonna discount beyond the price he quoted to me. He knew I was a buyer, with cash (assuming I eventually get paid by my insurance), and didn't need to worrry about trade-in etc.

Speaking with Steve Bennett and others, they valued the coach at $280k (great deal) up to maybe $325k (ok price)

So, unfortunately, there are still some uninformed buyers out there paying more than they need.

Ray

I know I am entering old geezerdom but I went back to see how I missed the age of that H3.

It is because Phil has its listing number to reflect an 03 and under his what's new it treats it as an 03 that looks like an 04. Sneaky. He is fooling senile folks like me.