Thread: Glass cleaner

Hybrid View

I use the 303 protectant on my tires and it's my favorite.

You can touch the tires after application and not get an oily hand like Armorall.

Thankfully I don't have the ugly shield issue (this should start things going).

Default Here it goes!!

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Thankfully I don't have the ugly shield issue (this should start things going).
    Mike, I don't need it for my shield. I have a brand new one.

I would like the product for the other reasons,though. Now that I see positive testimonies.

Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

I use the 303 on the bus tires and have been very happy with the product. No greasy mess and it has the advantage of providing some degree of UV protection. I also use it on the dash of the Jeep for the same reasons...

Sandy, I also use the 303 for the tires when I just want to gloss them over and protect them a little more from the weather. When I really get into detailing the bus, I use a different product for the tires called Tire Black Gel, which believe it or not is actually a clear gel. It makes them look so perty!

I also ordered the $5 sample products to especially try out the shower product, the one that keeps all water from spotting. I just hate it when I have to squeegie off the shower glass, so I solved that problem by taking my shower first. Then Peg has to use the squeegie

Gary S.

Tully Guest

I got the Bio Clean glass cleaner and the 303 in the mail today. Will try it out on Saturday and give everyone an update.

Tully Lee Garrett

Default Water spots on side windows

I can't find the original thread but what the heck. On the recommendation of one of our wonderful members I bought some Metal Cleaner by Jakel Products.
    I was putting this job off because I was a little scared to use acid on the windows, fearful of getting some on the stainless.
    I decided to get it done, a trip to the Home Depot for some plastic and tape to cover what I wanted to keep nice and I was ready. It took about 6 hours, most of the time was cutting and masking the plastic.
    WOW, unbelievable how easy this was and how it took all the water spots off, no buffing or hard rubbing. I know I sound like a snake oil salesman when I say this but it works. You do have to be VERY careful not to get any of the acid on anything other than the window but if you take your time with the plastic and tape, it works out fine.
    Thanks to a POG member for this GREAT tip.

This subject of window cleaner came up not too long ago. Someone came up with a product called " Hot Sauce " from a boat cleaner supplier at:
    http://www.boatbling.net I ordered the stuff and applied it to my windows ans Walla!! they came sparkling clean with a little elbow grease. It does not remove wax, and even contains some wax. The co-pilot was watching me from inside of the windows as I cleaned them and gave me a thumbs up. They use it to get hard water off the sides of boats, so I don't think it will bother paint or SS on our busses.
    I accept no blame from anyone using the above advice and accept no responsibility for you screwing up your bus. You are on your own.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali