Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Cost of Ownership

Jon. The Montana attorney's take care of all yearly filings.
    Adam. You might want to check with your accountant or another one regarding Leasing. There are plenty of business models out there which can be copied.
    I spoke to a company who wanted to have me Lease my previous Coach out to people @ $4000- 5000.00 per week . I would take care of Insurance, maintenance, tires, etc. , they would get a commission for leasing it, the lessor would pay for diesel. Some people do this, but I felt it would be too much wear and tear.
    With the entertainment Coaches, the lessor also has to pay for a Licensed driver as well.
    Last edited by garyde; 06-18-2008 at 11:08 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Tuls View Post
    Just a note if you have one of these bs LLC in Montana make sure you have it for your tow car as well!! They are ticketing here in Calif. I speak of experince they got me big time!! Plus they honestly have bounty-hunters in R.V. parks to turn you in to the Highway Patrol. Beware of Pismo Coast Village.
    Sid & Judy Tuls
    2007 Thompson
    My alter ego wanted me to reply to this thread

A few years back Oregon was the place to license RV's, like Montana, no sales tax. Couple of big dealers, like Buddy Gregg and Guaranty got into some serious do-do setting up dummy addresses in Oregon, not to mention those who were willing participants. Seems not only did the home state want its money and penalties (California was a major player here) but Oregon realized that if one of the boxes on their vehicle registration form that was required to be checked and signed, affirmed that the owner was a resident of Oregon....mmmmmmm, guess what they, just became liable for Oregon State Income Tax. That mess is still shaking itself out!

South Dakota and Texas were two other popular spots for registering RV's but once again, there were always snags, similar to those encountered in Oregon.

Now enters the Montana LLC....great, unless you live somewhere other than in Montana or possibly, rural Mexico. Just keep your coach parked where someone may notice it, say a storage lot or in your driveway in Beverly Hills. Go to any state MVD or DMV web site and look up the little section, "New to State." While each state is different, at the end of the day, it will mandate that you have so many days, weeks or months to transfer your registration/title to that state; many states will want to also collect either sales or use tax as well, if it had not been paid to another entity. The only real option here is to keep the coach moving, like a full timer, and never stay in one place too long.

I guess what I am attempting to point out is that there is no free lunch! I know there are dozens of Montana Attorney's who know all of the laws in Montana regarding the LLC however remember one thing, they are Montana Attorney's, not California Attorney's, New York Attorney's, Florida Attorney's. While they certainly have a smattering of knowledge of the laws in other states, I doubt you would find any willing to defend you or the LLC position say in a California Court, for openers most probably cannot practice law outside of Montana. (The BAR thing)

Joe Baggadonuts
    Representing Dewey, Cheatham and Howe