Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Time

Debi,

Yes, consider me a volunteer....but not in the Summer. I have enough issues with human beeins in the heat, dogs won't make the team in 115 degree weather, but you knew that.

Jon, so you are pressurizzed and have air con.....whats up with the paint...I guess that's a Liberty Thing

PS, I am still way faster than you......................

John

Deb; My eye was caught by the colorful logo of the paw prints and plane. I.E.
    Exerianced Pilots Wanted to Transport Valuable Cargo
    This Volunteer Project Needs Your Help
    A description of the system and a space to enter the national and local areas contact persons name and information. Two size posters 11X17 for posting in public spaces and larger posters where space is not limited.
    I'm not a pilot myself, so I will have to do some digging in our N. CA area for contacts. Darl is a former pilot in Reno, NV, he may offer me some help getting this area started. Please explain how the dogs are matched up with the shelters and there new owners for me.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

I told the guy not to video the crappy paint, so of course they feature it.

My plane is a tool. But it has AC.

I can't get the link to work for the video!

Way to go Jon. You have a BIG heart!!! We rescued a Smooth Coat Fox Terrier last June and added him to our collection: the two schnauzers.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

[QUOTE=hhoppe;30878]Deb; My eye was caught by the colorful logo of the paw prints and plane. I.E.
    Exerianced Pilots Wanted to Transport Valuable Cargo
    This Volunteer Project Needs Your Help>>

Harry, when Jon returns from visiting his daughter, we hope to sit down and formulate the next part of the program. For now, we are sharing a bulletin board forum website that one of the pilots manages. You can view it by going to www.pilotsnpaws.org and clicking on the Forum board. Once on the site, there is a page for rescues to post their request. There is also a page for pilots to list their information. Pilots either view the request board, looking for a situation they can help with, or rescues can also look at the pilot list and send them a private message.

Though we appreciate the free space given to us by the pilot who owns this board, we really need a place of our own. It will come to that, we are slowly working our way there, but with just Jon and myself it is not progressing as quickly as we would like. Jon working with the "exculsive" shelter of Knoxville last weekend certainly gave our cause a boost. There are also various ground transport groups that Jon monitors to see who needs help. Most of these are all on yahoogroups. Other pilots can certainly do this as well.

I appreciate your ideas and hopefully we can get to a point where we can utilize them! I think we need a day with more hours in it

Debi

Quote Originally Posted by flyu2there View Post
    Debi,

Yes, consider me a volunteer....but not in the Summer. I have enough issues with human beeins in the heat, dogs won't make the team in 115 degree weather, but you knew that.
    John
    Hey John, thanks for volunteering! Yes, the commercial airlines will not even fly animals in extreme temps either.

I don't think the dogs care that Jon's paint is peeling