Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Time

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default Air Time

For all who haven't seen, our very own Jon got some local TV news coverage for his rescue flights.

Go to www.Prevost-stuff.com and click on the pilots for paws logo and you can watch it there.

Outstanding Jon and hopefully it will land a few more plane owners to help out.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 06-16-2008 at 06:45 PM.

[QUOTE=Joe Cannarozzi;30773]For all who haven't seen, our very own Jon got some local TV news coverage for his rescue flights.

And this is also the perfect opportunity to thank everyone once again for donating to this program, along with the rescue charity, at POGV! The crates Jon is using were purchased from those funds and as you can see by viewing the newsclip, we are starting to get some excellent coverage....HUGE thanks to Jon and the other pilots. We are hopeful that more pilots will find this a worthwhile venture.

Joe, there is also another news spot by a different station who was there for this flight as well. It is really nice to know a celebrity

Here is the link for the other clip....just scroll down and look in the lower right hand corner under Most Read Stories......there will be a link their for Pilots-N-Paws...

http://www.wbir.com

Debi

How about the rest of you pilots on board doing a puppy flight? It is more fun than the $100 hamburger. Except when they poop.

"Except when they poop"

Don't Worry. It's Jon's fault. He knew what those Tacos would do!!

lewpopp Guest

Jon, you're the man. That hits a real soft spot in my heart.

Jon: Thank you very much from us K9 lovers. Does your group have any poster type information sheets? I'm of the opinion this could catch on by other private pilots throughout the country. I know private pilots are looking for any excuse to crank up and go somewhere. I'm thinking of a resturant named Wings that we frequent at the GA Airport in Auburn CA. A poster on their wall would be viewed by many pilots. I'm sure other locations would work as well. If your group can get them printed I will cover the cost and help with the distribution. Poggers everywhere could help with the personal distribution.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Jon,

I trust that the dogs are sedated to some degree....and have empty stomachs, bladders and bowels? I would be happy to help out, but only in the cooler months!

I often pull the rear five seats in my airplane and have a rear loading door that will eat just about anything. My a/c is not pressurized and the heat of the Desert Southwest requires me to climb like a home sick angel to at least 12,000 feet for cooler air and less thermal activity.....even then if I have a group of "non-flyers", people that is, there is usually one that needs the sick sac, which often translates to two, three or four as the sounds and aroma make their way around the cabin! Now that's people, people who have a modicum of control over their physical being, dogs do not have that luxury!

I cheat, I carry a small jar of Vicks Vapor Rub and put a small dabble on my upper lip, which keeps me from joining in on the solo, duet or whatever! Not too smart if I am having to suck on the hose but a godsend nevertheless!

I also couldn't help but notice a couple of things on your video......the most obvious being a need for a quart or two of Artic White Imron to be appropriately sprayed onto your nose cowl ...............after normal prepartions that is. And what's up with the reporter standing next to a turbo-prop blade Finally, did you have a clearance to pop up into those clouds and disappear or was that one of those ATR Climbs to VHF on top

Happy to help out.......

John

Quote Originally Posted by hhoppe View Post
    Jon: If your group can get them printed I will cover the cost and help with the distribution. Poggers everywhere could help with the personal distribution.
    Harry, we don't have any poster as yet! I am just working on getting all the crates/kennels, harnesses, etc. and getting them mailed to the pilots who have joined us. Jon is busy doing the flying and networking with the press

I really like your idea, great advertising, and lord knows we do need to get the word out to more pilots. There are areas of the country with a substantial need to move animals to rescues out of state and we have no pilots available in those areas to help.

We hope to get together and formulate the next step of our goal. What type of poster did you have in mind?

Debi

[QUOTE=flyu2there;30829]Jon,
    I trust that the dogs are sedated to some degree....and have empty stomachs, bladders and bowels? I would be happy to help out, but only in the cooler months! >>

Hey John, nope, no sedation for any of the dogs flown so far! Only a couple have had a little initial dry heave activity but most of the dogs have been fine. I will let Jon tell you about the pups with diarrhea in a pressurized cabin, I think he could have used your Vicks!

All the dogs are confined to various size crates with the exception of a very large breed like a Newfoundland...for them we have very nice harnesses and tether them to the back seat through the seatbelt lines. So far, they normally lie down on the seat of the floor and go to sleep. A little cotton in their ears to cut the noise but other then that, they are just on restricted food before flights.

Did I hear you correctly are you volunteering?

Debi

Jon,

My plane is pressurized and has AC so my passengers are comfortable, as they should be.

Eat your heart out.