Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FL sidetrip advice

That Jack is a subtle booger isn't he.........

I actually had a dream when I was on vacation that he bought a new Liberty. I had popped off when I bought his last hand-me-down coach that as long as he kept trading up, I would be in good shape. I just didn't know he was going to trade every year.

Congratulations on the new ride. Sorry Loc & BOB-00, but when I grow up I wanna be like Jack.

Les Guest

Default something for a 10 year old

Try the RV campground called Camping on the Gulf at Destin FL. The web URL is www.campgulf.com or call 877 226 7485. They are actually beachfront camping, so you do not need a toad.

Sometimes things just happen,I knew that I would buy a 06 or a 07 one day but it somehow happened earlier than expected.My wife told Gary Patterson that she liked him but she did not need to see him again anytime in the near future.There were some things that I wanted and Liberty delivered.
    1 King bed
    2 automatic awnings(all 4)
    3 not an 09 with DPF
    4 Six 8D batteries
    5 Two outback 3500 watt inverters
    6 the ability to run 2 AC units off the inverters
    7 inline water heater for the shower(which only works off the generator,38 amp load) my wife has run out of hot water and the coach is then a camper
    8 more closet space,and more storage in galley
    I have been busy moving in and have worked on a few things but Liberty delivered it to NC last week and I have not found any problems.I hope to do a night out next week at Tom Johnson CC at a Vantari open house.

Default campgulf

Thanks for the campgulf idea. You can't get much closer to the water than that.

And since this thread has moved off topic slightly, I would like to tell Will that if you come back across I-20, and we are back home from FL, we would love to have you and your wife stop by. Abilene is a good stop before you get to the traffic of DFW as you head east. In any event, we wish you safe travels.

We even have a few BBQ joints out here.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

[QUOTE=jack14r;30811]Sometimes things just happen,
    8 more closet space,and more storage in galley

and I know what will be filling most of those closets--show horse attire!!

Congrats on another beautiful rig and JDUB, somehow I get the feeling that you are like Peter Pan who is forever young and never grows up? But if you do, Jack would be a fine example of a someone to be like I don't think Bob is hurt

sawdust_128 Guest

Default Things kids remeber

Try the Babcock Ranch Eco tours. Beer trucks that have been converted into swamp tour buses, gators everywhere, panthers in their natural setting.

http://www.babcockwilderness.com/eco.htm

Also, look into Everglade tours on an airboat. Very neat. I've gone out of Everglade City.

Default Follow Up

We wound up stopping at Marineland in St. Augustine so that the wife and manchild could play with the dolphins. They thoroughly enjoyed that and would recommend to anyone with an interest in dolphins.

Thanks to Loc we went to the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola and found this to be a great place that help all of our attention for several hours. If you haven't seen this, try to incorporate into one of your future trips. It was truly worth the time.

Thanks to all who gave me ideas. It made for a great trip.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4