Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amana Issues

Spongebob,

I think your ice dispencer is leaking humid air back into the freezer and it is building up frost on the chute.

I had a similar problem with another fridge.

JDUB

Default So, Mr Answer Man

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    Spongebob, I think your ice dispencer is leaking humid air back into the freezer and it is building up frost on the chute.
    I had a similar problem with another fridge. JDUB

So, Mr Answer Man, how did you fix the Leak or did you just ignore it, and drink a lot more? ( which requires using more ice, you know )

If it is leaking air out of the ice container in the freezer, is it the trap in the door chute that isn't closing properly, and if so how did you fix it?

PLEASE Don't tell me to get a new Frigerator.

Gary S.

I think there was something stuck to the door that kept it from fully closing and sealing, so a cleaning was what fixed it.

But running a bunch of ice out for the margarita machine might be a better solution.

lewpopp Guest

Gary, the first thing you check is the gasket. Jerry was right, some outside air is leaking into the freezer and that's the cause of the frost.

Run your finger around the gasket to see iyou feel a bump or anything. Clean it well and dry, it should be good to go.

lewpopp Guest

I have yet to pull out my side-by-side to find the leak feeding the icemaker. Marathon told me there are 2 screws at the bottom holding it in and 2 at the top. I can't locate the top ones. That unit sure fits very tightly. I'll attempt that project when and if my present health problems subside. I love to move fridges when I'm under the weather.

Thanks Lew, and Jer for the info on fixing my Ice through the door problem.

I will work on this issue this weekend, whilst Peg and I relax @ La Hacienda in Austin, Tx. http://www.lahaciendarvpark.com/

Jim Skiff, this may be a great place for POG VII in 2009?. That is if you haven't already settled on the spot for POG VII? No Hurricanes, No Tornados, just beautiful Lake Travis, and the Hill Country sceanery.

Let me know if you want me to get brochures to send to you. ( sorry is this thread creep? MY BAD )

Gary S.

Gary,

If you decide to change the door gasket; use a hair dryer to warm up the new gasket and make it more pliable to attach to the door. I saw a repairman use that little trick once.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga, it is not the actual door seal that needs to be replaced, I think it is the seal flap that is inside the ice chute.

I can actually see light from the inside of the ice chute, ( I had to bang on the door for 5 minutes before Peg would let me out of the freezer compartment). Man talk about a chilly willy...?

Gary S.