I see only one other post here on insurance. I have a 93 Country Coach, which should be valued in the $175k range. Currently I'm insured via AAA, which only charged me $600 year year. I thought that was pretty good, however it's really an automobile policy, and probably won't cover things like personal property, the internet satellite system I paid an arm and leg for etc.

So, I checked with Camping World, they use GMAC and supposedly specialize in RV policies. They are having a real hard time evaluating my coach for purposes of a quote. They try to compare to today's coaches. Is it like the Infinity, or the Concept? they ask.

But even more, and what's prompting this coach is adding another driver. I'm flying back to the east coast (from CA) this summer on business. My neighbor is going to use my coach for 1 month, and meet me in New Jersey, where my wife and I will drive back cross country for our vacation.

I want to add my neighbor as a driver to my policy to make sure there are no issues, should there be a problem while he drives it. He is also purchasing a Good Sam Emergency Road membership, KOA memberships etc, whatever he needs to take a month vacation.

AAA said no problem to add another driver and it ended up costing about $25 per month to do that.

The Camping World rep has basically said no, you cannot add another driver. If they drive your vehicle only a little bit, and not a lot of days, then they can drive it without policy change. But, since I indicated a time of 30 days going 3500 milles, they indicated they could not add my neighbor as a driver.

Now, while I was typing this Camping World just called back, and readjusted their numbers of my quote. It was about $700/year, and it just got changed to around $1500/year, because they wanted a price new, for their input. They used a new price of $498k, which I'm guessing is reasonable for a 93 CC? I guess their original quote had a price new of $150k, and they would depreciate from there??

Anyway, I'm looking for a good company that writes motorhome policies, and is familiar with older Prevost conversions. Preferrably one who will let me add an additional (mature/retired) driver to the policy.

Any help is appreciated.

Ray