Thread: Insurance ??

Hybrid View

Ray,

Explorer is the insurance agent, and National is the insurance company. When I called Explorer they gave me the 800 number for National and it was as easy as that initially. I had my claim number and knew the bus was going to Jacksonville. They had no issue with the SC state police calling a suitable tow truck, and from that point on I was in charge. I sent the first tow truck away because the driver did not impress me as capable and the truck seemed less than capable.

When the bus was sitting on site at Prevost I talked to the adjuster assigned to the coach. He listened to what happened, arranged to look at the coach and along with the Prevost manager authorized the repairs to be made to the standards we three parties agreed were necessary.

One of the keys to my success in getting the proper repairs was the fact the adjuster who was a direct employee of National was he was completely familiar with buses.

Default Insurance

[QUOTE=Jon Wehrenberg]Ray,
    Explorer is the insurance agent, and National is the insurance company. >>

Ray, we have used the Twin Peaks Agency for all our Prevosts. As Jon stated, the underwriter Twin Peaks uses is National Interstate which is a subsidiary of Great American Assurance Co. We have excellent coverage and pay 1400.00/yr for our 2000 Prevost Vantare. You have an option of going with market value or purchase value for your quote. I would also only work with Tiffany at Twin Peaks--she is extremely knowledgeable on all the ins and outs and is very good at answering all your questions. The number for Twin Peaks is 1-800-507-8467. She recently moved to Pa. from Florida but may be in the process of moving back to Florida. Here is her direct business number in Pa--1-954-495-4051.

Twin Peaks is also able to offer insurance for your tow vehicle which many other companies cannot. This is a new option as of this past year. Jon and others are right, you need to speak with an agency who deals with insuring Prevosts on a daily basis. Good luck!

Debi and the always missing BOB-00

Debi Boies/CastleRidge Morgan Farm
    foals by: World Champion Above Command
    Landrum, S.C.
    www.castleridgefarm.com
    www.doberman911.org

thanks everyone for the replies. Last night while searching the web I found the RV division of Explorer insurance, rather than the auto/home insurance site. I requested a quote, and got a very reasonable quote from them in email this morning.

Tom, interestingly enough, the 877 numbers is the same that you mention for your agent, Fred Staten.

It's a little more than my AAA coverage (not a lot though), and I feel a little more comfortable with this.

Thanks again for the help.
    ray