Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prevost Car, Quebec, Service

Default For what it worth.........

When I bought this bus a number of years ago, I called Prevost Canada and asked about service bulletins, re-calls and the like. I also registered my name with the VIN just in case something in the way of a defect may come down the line. I guess as part of the process they put my name on the list to receive this annual parts catalogue on CD. While I suppose it is nice to have, at the end of the day, I found it to be less than user friendly. Guess if I had worked as a parts counterman somewhere along the line it may have been less intimidating. Mine and I suspect all of them come with an additional program called CAT BASE Viewer which makes it work...well sort of. The program has been less than stable when loaded onto a PC and a little checking with Prevost and they advise "dedicated" computers. It is fairly easy to get lost in the catalog, at least for me, but I suppose that is just a learning curve. True, there is everything in there from cotter pins to seats...............you will be able to pull down a part number (eventually and with patience).

Default Overwelmed

I will work on getting a list of all the guys that were interested in getting this CD sent to them, and I will include that list in my mailing to the first person on the list.

I will mail this out, and the next person can then forward it on to the next person.

In all honesty, I got the current CD and instructions from the Parts manager @ Prevost, by simply asking for it. Call up and ask for your copy of the P@artner Electronic Parts Catalog, if you don't want to wait for it to get around the loop.
    I copied the CD (legally) to my HD and it works nicely. Very complete reference material, and with a little bit of use, you will be able to navigate it like the parts guy does.

Gary S.

Default CD is on its Way

I sent the CD today and instructions to ( 1st ) George & Debi Phillips along with all of the other names and mailing labels of the other members that expressed an interest in this CD.

We are not copying it Illegally, we are just putting the information on our computer to make finding a Prevost part we need easier and more accurate before we order from Prevost.

Keep the information moving.

Gary S.

We are not copying it Illegally, we are just putting the information on our computer to make finding a Prevost part we need easier and more accurate before we order from Prevost.
    Gary, not that it matters in this particular case, because it's handed out freely (it seems), but putting it on your computer, and then passing it on is probably not legal. Check the CD, and it probably has a copyright notice on it, meaning you cannot send it to other people.

Unless you have written notice from Prevost, or it has express written consent on the CD itself, you have to assume you may not copy it.

Again, no-one is gonna come knocking on your door about this, I'm sure.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    Gary, not that it matters in this particular case, because it's handed out freely (it seems), but putting it on your computer, and then passing it on is probably not legal. Check the CD, and it probably has a copyright notice on it, meaning you cannot send it to other people.
    Unless you have written notice from Prevost, or it has express written consent on the CD itself, you have to assume you may not copy it.
    Again, no-one is gonna come knocking on your door about this, I'm sure.
    Ray
    Ray thanks for the question about the legality.

So I looked on the Prevost CD, and found no information about a Copyright Infringement Notice, so then I called Prevost Parts, and asked them if they had a problem with me copying their information to my computer and then sending the CD on to my friends for their use? ( I told them I was Jerry Winchester )

Prevost said they had NO problem at all with me sending their CD on for all POG users to use, and they were welcome to continue sending it out if they wanted too.

Then they said they wanted to send me a Gift Certificate for my troubles, so I gave them MY ADDRESS ! Sorry Jer.

Gary S.

Prevost said they had NO problem at all with me sending their CD on for all POG users to use, and they were welcome to continue sending it out if they wanted too.
    That's great news.

Ray