Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prevost Car, Quebec, Service

Default Prevost Car, Quebec, Service

We have made an appointment at Prevost Car In Quebec for the 26th of June to have our OTR Compressor replaced along with a few odds and ends. have any of you had service done at this location??

Also while at Prevost is there anything else that I should consider or ask about??

Default ...ask for change...

0553...i never got "change" after visiting a Prevost locale....lol...cheers, shookie...(maybe you will be more fortunate)

Quote Originally Posted by shookie View Post
    0553...i never got "change" after visiting a Prevost locale....lol...cheers, shookie...(maybe you will be more fortunate)
    I understand the cost factor when going to Prevost, but the warrantee and the help is worth the extra $$$. I was wondering if the factory offered any extra service besides a bad exchange rate.

PS> The service after the fact is great as well, their tech people when I have questions are as good as any converters. They have answered questions and guided us when we needed help.

Thanks.

We were there last August and had excellent service. A couple of our techs were limited in English but not as limited as I am in French. However, the advisor is great bilingually negating any problems. Nice clean shop with excellent access to parts!

Bruce,

One of the POG members was up there a couple of years ago and they looked over the ride height valves and adjustments. He was very impressed with the service he received and evidently they did a nice job "tuning" his suspension up. That might be a nice deal for them to check over. I also hear they have a good handle on "the leans", but between Hector and Jon, we may have a better handle on it than they do.

And if one of them speaks good English, ask him why so much AC air blows out the defroster vents on the 2001 XL2. Enquiring minds want to know.

JDUB

Oh, and don't say anything bad about the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys.

Lightbulb

Bruce, Colorado bus was there last summer.
    The exchange rate was .97 yesterday. Your favor

Bruce,
    Our bus was there for three days while we visited Old Quebec to fix the refer and deal with the short lugs (I will have to update everybody about those later). We had excellent service. Christian Jacque (speaks great english) was our Service Rep he was most helpful and got my entire laundry list completed.

We had great service. Guillame Charron was the Sv Mgr at the time. We arrived the evening of October 9th, Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Prevost was waiting for us at 8pm. The coach went in the air for what Mira Loma said was a faulty Norgren tag valve. Prevost Quebec identified it as a cracked brass fitting on the drive axle wet tank. Replacing the valve fixed our 'Leans".
    Touring the Old City over the weekend was great. Next Tuesday, Prevost replaced the steer axle lower balljoint boots, the steer axle stabilizier bushings, the drive axle stabilizer bushings, and the drive axle inner seals. all this Mira Loma had missed ten months earlier.
    Marcel was our tech and with my simple French, we got along famously.
    We would go back to that service center in a heartbeat, but it is 2,152 miles of 4 solid days driving. Whew!
    We had quite a bill $$$$$$, but we didn't find mystery charges like we get at Mira Loma.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
    We had great service. Guillame Charron was the Sv Mgr at the time. We arrived the evening of October 9th, Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Prevost was waiting for us at 8pm. The coach went in the air for what Mira Loma said was a faulty Norgren tag valve. Prevost Quebec identified it as a cracked brass fitting on the drive axle wet tank. Replacing the valve fixed our 'Leans".
    Touring the Old City over the weekend was great. Next Tuesday, Prevost replaced the steer axle lower balljoint boots, the steer axle stabilizier bushings, the drive axle stabilizer bushings, and the drive axle inner seals. all this Mira Loma had missed ten months earlier.
    Marcel was our tech and with my simple French, we got along famously.
    We would go back to that service center in a heartbeat, but it is 2,152 miles of 4 solid days driving. Whew!
    We had quite a bill $$$$$$, but we didn't find mystery charges like we get at Mira Loma.
    Thanks for all the good info. We will be heading there on the 25th for service on the 26th.

I will report back after we are out and have washed dishes to pay our bill.

We will head from there to Gaspe to check out the Gulf Of The St Lawrence and turn back.

If any of you are in VT. try the Prouty Beach Campground in Newport VT right on the lake, its in the Big Rig Book, $32 Bluff sites on the water looking west, very nice.