Pam and I are now out on the road for the summer. We are in Henderson Harbor Ny. at Association Island Rv Resort. All, mostly all as been great.

Until this trip we mostly only spent overnights maybe 2 nights in the coach at any one location. At Association Island, we are here for 5 nights.

In my Prevost handbook it says to turn off both the 12/24 volt switch in the engine compartment when spending more than one overnight, actually it says to turn them off even for one night. I have done so to follow the protocol but wonder exactly why.

Prevost says that if these batteries get run (drained) done (?????) while sitting that when you start up the bus it might either not start at all or when it does the 270 amp regulator will fry the batteries????

I have all new batteries and have had no problems of any kind. Question here is what power source can possibly drain down the batteries while the bus is not operating??? Also is there some type of alarm that would come on if the batteries were being run down by a source.

Also the house and Bus battery systems are separate???? Correct?? If so then what Bus 12 volt 24 volt items can drain down batteries when not in use, little stuff, clocks etc, or again is all of this separate from the bus 12/24 system??

Thanks,

Bruce