Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New Post" thingy not working right

Default "New Post" thingy not working right

Off in another thread someone was saying how the "new post" thing wasn't working right lately.

I had the same problem, and then realized the pointer was being reset when my wife logged into the women's forum, as they use the same user name as we do, so the machine thinks you have logged in and resets it!

I have suggested to Lobster Boy that there be some variation to the user name, like instead of her logging on as Jello_Jeep and this happening with the new post thing, making the wife's user name something like Jello_Jeep/w or whatever.

Some variant of the main user name so we don't have to try and remember a completely different user name for our wives, but don't have the problem with the new post feature...

Just a thought.

Unfortunately, knowing the software (at least in a previous version), there certainly was no way to do that. Each account is unique, and that would be the requirement that wives who post separately get their own account.

You could certainly suggest some naming convention, if wanted, but there's nothing in the vbulletin code to enforce anything like that. Nor is there any idea of "connected" logins.

Getting a seperate account is not a matter of cost, and I would assume that Jim would allow users to have two accounts for wives that actively post? I may be speaking out of turn on that, however ....

Ray

Default The Hers Did It

Now come on folks, are you all really surprised that this problem came about because of a bunch of females??

Here we go !!!!

Mel,

You need your watch repaired. You apparently do not know how close it is to bedtime.

Default Women Codes

Jello,

I can supply new codes to women that coincide with the account. Women can logon independently.

In order to do that I will need:

User Name:
    Password:
    Different Email address:

Jim

dalej Guest

Jim, just wondering if you can put a "NEW POSTS" button to the right side of post reply. (1) When your done reading the posts you can go right back to new posts without scrolling back up to the top (2) or hit the TOP button (3) in the lower right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Geez

Geez Dale, you want every friggin thang!!

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post
    Jim, just wondering if you can put a "NEW POSTS" button to the right side of post reply. (1) When your done reading the posts you can go right back to new posts without scrolling back up to the top (2) or hit the TOP button (3) in the lower right.

sawdust_128 Guest

Default While on the subject - another question

I have been trying to use the search function. However, I think that tehre may be a conflict between the search for user name on the forum and how my passward and ID vault is functioning. I don't seen to run into this on any other forum, so I thought I would ask. The vault is automatically filling in the user name entrywith my ID every time. Any ideas?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I see a new, new post icon.

Don't have to scroll back to the top of the page anymore

What happened Skiffer, didn't have any flee markets or yard sales today and needed something to do?
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 06-12-2008 at 07:10 PM.

dalej Guest

Thank's Jim, that's a very nice!