Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Fan" mail from a reluctant bus wife to be

Doreen,

Not sure if this is worth mentioning or not. I ordered two copies from Amazon on the day it opened. I also ordered another book to make $25 minimum purchase for free shipping.

Sadly your books arrived packed only with some white filler paper around the books, and one was damaged. Not bad enough to return, but it crinkled the corner pretty good.

At the same time, the other book must have come from a different warehouse, and it was shrinkwrapped to a piece of cardboard, which held it in place inside the box.

It might be worth checking why your books didn't get a similar treatment?

Looking forward to reading on the airplane today. I'm heading out to Seattle in a couple of hours, and have 3 hours of plane/reading time ahead.

Ray

QueenOfTheRoad Guest

Hey Ray,

A few friends (and my poor mother who also had to order her books, as I just don't get many from the publisher - I'll be hearing about that for quite awhile, I'm sure) have also gotten varied wrappings of my book. None of them has had any problems, though.

My publisher (and it's Random House, so not like it's Joe's Warehouse, or anything - no disrespect meant, Joe!) has been trying for months to get Amazon to add the catagory of "memoir" to the "travel" ones QUEEN OF THE ROAD is already in and there's no response. So, I think it's pretty hopeless for my trying to do anything re the damage. You can, of course return them for a new copy free of charge for you. Returns are very easy through their website.

Hope you enjoy it on your plane ride!

Doreen,

It's certainly not worth the trouble of returning by any means. Was just a coincidence that I got another book in the same load, and it was packed differently.

Kinda reminded me of years ago. I moved from a house in one city where my wife subscribed whatever was needed to get the Publishers Clearing House coupons to send back to get a chance in the 1 million dollar give away. When we arrived at our new house (where we not subscribers), we got the "generic" entry coupons (non-subscriber).

I found it interesting that the subscriber coupons were wax coated, while the non-subscriber's were just plain flimsy paper. Anyone reaching into a barrel to pick a "winner" would easily feel the difference and pick a subscriber!

Don't know why I just thought about that, but .... oh well.

Enjoying the book, so far!

Ray