Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Fan" mail from a reluctant bus wife to be

QueenOfTheRoad Guest

Default "Fan" mail from a reluctant bus wife to be

I thought I would share an email that I got this am from a woman in OH. It's a HOOT! (I wrote her back and suggested her hubby join this forum for great advice, guidance and comraderie. Want to take bets on whether she'll share my email with him?)

Dear Doreen:
    My husband just foisted your book on me to read. I am doing him a huge favor by reading it.
    He sits at his computer for hours every day dreaming of owning his very own Prevost. He has the model, length, and other requirements already chosen. It's just a matter of when, not if.
    I'm to the point in your book where you are on the 3 week trial run and leaving the mother-in-law.
    I have to read the book in the garage because I'm not allowed to smoke in the house. Don't start on me.
    I'm not at all crazy about driving around the country in any type of vehicle. Where is the exercise in that? All I see are giant hips in my future(more giant than they already are). Our dog kills cats, which we have aplenty. My husband isn't going to want to live that close to a litter pan.
    My husband can also fix anything, but at his age, under a bus, on the side of a highway? Oh please.
    Well, I have to get back to the book. To see what happens next. So far, you are addressing my fears, too.
    You are a very entertaining writer.

That lady is kidding herself. Her husband has already bought the Prevost and has it parked down the block. He is just easing her into the idea of owning a bus. Been there, done that, wearing the t-shirt.

lewpopp Guest

She smokes....Where is the exercise in that? Jeeze!!!!

QueenOfTheRoad Guest

She just emailed me and said her hubby saw my post, so he's already a member of the forum! Thank you, Barbara's husband for "foisting" my book on your wife. I'll take readers any way I can get. (She really does sound like a hoot.)

I have to admit, I'm not a big exercise fan, myself. But, on the road, I bought one of those little mini-trampoline things. We kept it in the bay and I'd set it up in the kitchen (it just fit) and would run/do jumping jacks, etc on it while I watched TV. If the weather was nice, I'd set up a mat outside and jump rope. Yeah, yeah... what about all those gorgeous places we went? Why didn't I just hike? I'm not much of an outdoorsy type. And, believe me, after listening to my whining when Tim does take me along, he's only too happy to hike solo the next time.

We found that the first casualty of retirement and full-timing in the bus was the waistline!

It's a constant battle to maintain some semblance of a healthy lifestyle.

Can a simple margarita really have that many calories?

QueenOfTheRoad Guest

Margarita you say? Tequila has no carbs and I found a lo carb margaria mix (check out the Baja Bob line). No carbs, no problemo.

And, BTW - every chpt of my book starts with a delicious fruity martini recipe concocted by me on the road to commemorate on of our many disasters. (NOW I have your attention!)

Here's one to wet your appetite (developed after we had to forge a washed-out culvert and barrel through a bridge with a "LIMIT 13 TONS" sign as Tim helpfully assured me, "That bridge is too small to have all three axels on at the same time."

Hurlatini

1 part rum
    2 parts Midori
    1 splash pineapple juice
    1 splash sweet 'n' sour
    1 white-knuckled squeeze of lime

Pound martini shaker against emergency exit until window breaks or ingredients sufficiently mixed for tasty self-medication.

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    We found that the first casualty of retirement and full-timing in the bus was the waistline!

It's a constant battle to maintain some semblance of a healthy lifestyle.

Can a simple margarita really have that many calories?
    Caloric content of various home remedies:

White wine spritzer 80
    Red wine 170
    Champagne 86
    Light beer 75
    Bloody Mary 130
    Dry martini [2.5 oz] 163
    Dessert wine 174
    Hot buttered rum 254
    White Russian [4.5 oz] 404

Hey, no shooting. I'm just the messenger.

P.S. Teq. (J.Q Gold) has 97 calories per 1.5 oz.

QueenOfTheRoad Guest

Fortunately, I count carbs, not cals!

I just received my book yesterday. Laura and I have read a number of the pages aloud already with many good laughs. I can't wait to read it all. The only problem so far is the dog and I having the same name.

Miles and Laura Circo
    2004 Country Coach 45' XLII D/S

QueenOfTheRoad Guest

Thanks so much!

No problem being named the same as our standard poo. It's not like he sheds or anything.