View Poll Results: Which do you all prefer?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Meathead

3 13.04%
  • Burger King of Bling

2 8.70%
  • King of Bling

16 69.57%
  • King

2 8.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey!!

sawdust_128 Guest

Default Hey!!

New members: Ed and Cindy, can be found out in the world as Spike and Eddie (along with Toby aka. BOBO our fur friend).

Coach = not yet, very soon.
    Miles logged driving any type of RV = 0 and yes, thank you, that is combined.
    Timetable = none.
    Schedule = Mon - Fri = nothing; Sat & Sun = rest.

Our promise to POG - we will make sure that we ask for a reminder of the standard POG hazard warning signal before any of the elements of the above status change.

We look forward to getting to know you all.

Regards and cheers.

Welcome to POG.

Enjoy the ride. You're not going to believe how much fun this stuff is.

Mango Mike

Welcome to the asylum. (I get paid to say that.)

This is the place to do your research. The members of this group are all very knowledgible about the Prevost chassis and the converters of those Prevost coaches except for one or two dummies.

You can amause yourselves by reading all the posts on such topics as Over the Road Air or roof airs versus Cruise Airs. You can read about dent repair and the various awards won by the members of this group.

Or you can ignore the archives and just blurt out your questions and see if we give the same answer that we did the last time the question was asked.

As potential buyers there is one thing for sure. Nobody here will hold back when you ask for an opinion. Everybody here has opinions about everything and except for the two dummies I discussed earlier those opinions are worth considering.

Welcome,another one with MPD.

"If I specified that I wanted IFS, can you give me an idea of how that impacts the available choices in models and years? (NOTE: wanted for tighter turning radius, suspect that there is very little difference in the feel of ride).

To Ed: The 6-speed is a requirement and thank you for reinforcing that determination.

H3 height. The increase in height causes a ?? percent increase in difficulty in accessing and/or traveling to destinations??? (guestimate)

H3 is ?? percent more/less difficult to maintain.

The worst thing I can think of about the H3 is___? The X___?

The best for each?

Sorry up front if this seems like a silly exercise, but sometimes I just need to throttle back so as not to go into overload . Again, thanks for the help.

P.S. I am currently avoiding asking this on the POG sight because I believe that I will get overwhelmed there. Thanks for your patience. "

The above was asked on the P-stuff site. I will let H3 owners answer those specific questions.

The IFS was available on late 1996 shells, typically titled as 1997 coaches. They were after serial #T5880 or thereabouts. It is my opinion the tighter turning radius of the IFS is nice, but its complexity and thus future maintenance requirements might offset that benefit. I doubt if anybody can tell the difference between the IFS or straight axle while driving the two side by side. I cannot.

The worst thing I can think about the XL is that the access to the head on the engine requires disassembly of bedroom cabinetry in some coaches to remove the access panel and then the valve cover. On the other hand that removal is rarely necessary.

The best thing I can thing of the XL, compared to the XLII, and possibly the H3 is that in the model years from 1995 to 2000 the design was just about bulletproof. It was an old proven design and there are no known design flaws. Panels can be easily replaced by removing and replacing rivets, any piece of glass can be removed and installed by an owner with no previous experience in about 45 minutes, the operating costs are about the cheapest because the engines were the most efiicient due to lack of environmental requirements, the transmission is a smooth robust one contributing to the efficiency, and the tire sizes were all the 12.00R22.5 or 315R22.5 (depending on how early the model year is) and while expensive they are somewhat available and not as expensive as the 365 tires showing up on coaches now.

In a word if you like rivets the XL is as time proven a design as you will ever get with no surprises.

I expect others will chime in, but before they do, your responses will be more to the point if you can share some information about your price range, how you intend to use the coach, where you intend to use the coach, and if you have formed any opinions yet on what systems you specifically want.

Welcome to the Forum. Most of us here are serious minded individuals who don't joke around when it comes to our bus.
    I am the first one of those members to welcome you. Do not listen to most of the advice given here as it will end up having you get grease under your fingernails and dirt on your backside. These Prevost vehicles are Party Coaches and nothing ever goes wrong with them. However, some of the membership feels the need to WORK on their buses when it really is not necessary. Light the fires and spin the tires is all you need to know. Simple enough.
    Please forward $100 to each member who welcomes you within the first 24 hrs. It's a traditional thing and I know you want to get off on the right foot so just giving you a heads up. Your welcome.
    And NO, you can't get the first hundred back so don't ask.

Default Welcome Sawdust

It is a pleasure to have new meat, i mean new folks on board.

It would probably be more fitting for this forum if your nickname was "Metal Shavings", but what the heck?

Glad to have you and look forward to making stuff up for answers to your questions. That is always fun.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tdelorme View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. Most of us here are serious minded individuals who don't joke around when it comes to our bus.
    I am the first one of those members to welcome you. Do not listen to most of the advice given here as it will end up having you get grease under your fingernails and dirt on your backside. These Prevost vehicles are Party Coaches and nothing ever goes wrong with them. However, some of the membership feels the need to WORK on their buses when it really is not necessary. Light the fires and spin the tires is all you need to know. Simple enough.
    Please forward $100 to each member who welcomes you within the first 24 hrs. It's a traditional thing and I know you want to get off on the right foot so just giving you a heads up. Your welcome.
    And NO, you can't get the first hundred back so don't ask.
    Thank you, I think (in the background hear: Honey put my wallet in the safe, load all the .45 and 9mm tools, we may have work to do. Oh yeah, order 10 more cases of ammo).

I'm a bit confused and hope you can shed some light here. In your welcome, you tell me that everyone else is wrong, I'm going to do all the work, It is going to cost me money, Lastly, I have to pay you and everyone else for the privledge of that. O.K. so here's the question. Are you

A. A democrat senator from Illinois?
    B. An IRS agent who hasn't had his personal expense account audited in too long?
    C. A boss or partner who is in denial over my decision to retire?
    D Hillary Clinton?
    (No substitutions! - The management)

Personally, I am really leaning towards D.

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    It is a pleasure to have new meat, i mean new folks on board.

It would probably be more fitting for this forum if your nickname was "Metal Shavings", but what the heck?

Glad to have you and look forward to making stuff up for answers to your questions. That is always fun.
    Thank you as well, I think.

I must point out that to everyone that you are kind and generous, giving person. Although I truly apprciate the kind act of offering me a new forum name, I just cannot accept. However, in a sincere gesture of my apprciation, and recognition that rfoster is not adequate for your grandness, based on the eight word knowledge I have of you, I would ask all that from this day forward, your new forum name be Meathead.

Nice to meat ya!!

Thumbs up

Welcome Cindy and Ed. It's nice to have you step right in and participate.

Ask your questions and we will try to answer them. Explore the site in detail, there are many features and characteristics that you will like. Try everything, you can't break anything.

Fill in your data so we can get to know you. In the upper right corner is a place for private messages, get used to looking there, in case you get one.

Check out quick links, to get around in POG.

JIM