Dan,

If you can participate with Prevost when they do the inspection it will be helpful. You will learn a lot about your coach and they will understand you care.

Downloading active codes and the history for both the engine and transmission will help you immensely. if they show for example the coach never exceeded limits such as temperature you can have confidence in the the engine. That is THE big deal. As has been mentioned, tires, batteries and other date sensitive items contribute to what you really pay. Even if the tires are full tread depth, if they are 5 or 6 years old they are in need of replacement.

Ditto for batteries. I get concerned about regular care, so when poking around under the coach look carefully at fluid levels, including power steering, differential and front and tag axle hubs, all items often overlooked, but which tell a huge story about the type of care the chassis has gotten.

Pull and inspect the AC filters. These are another item that tell if the previous owners were meticulous in their maintenance. If you can, verify the coolant condition. Poorly maintaned coolant will plug your radiator or eat away at your cylinder liners.

Ask Prevost to pull the history on the coach because it is likely they will have one. Obviously you need to personally work every system and component so you will know they all work.

Like Jerry, I did my own PDI (I have my own pit and do my own service work) and my focus was on the big stuff because the routine maintenance stuff I considered to be ongoing and I wanted to do all of that myself to get to know the coach and to have a starting point for my maintenance schedule.