Thread: Insurance Caution

Lee Bornstein Guest

Default Insurance Caution

Just had a shocking awakening.

Had my golf cart stolen from my lot at Outdoor Resorts in Las Vegas Last Night while I slept.

Called Explorer RV Insurance/National Interstate this morning to place a claim (I have fulll timers insurance-like homeowners insurance) . I was shocked to find out that my golf cart(personal property) is not insured because it's a motorized vehicle. My FullTimer package treats a non street legal unregistered cart as if it were a Car, ATV, Motorcycle, Snowmobile or SeaDoo.

Consequently I'm out $5,000, Im upset and my dogs want to go for their daily golf cart ride.

Lee

Default Wow

Lee, did you check for the whereabouts of the Taco Twins?

I thought ORA's were all guarded and gated, I would have never thought someone would/could steal something like that from there! Sheesh..

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Inside Job?

Lee,

If all ORA's are gated and guarded it kinda smells like an inside job to me. If you are staying for a while you might put out the word you are interested in buying a golf cart. Also check on any local golf cart outlets to see if someone is using one of them to fence the stolen goods. You might also check in with local golf courses to see if anyone has approached them about this great deal on a golf cart that thye could pick up.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. As for the dogs daily ride in the golf cart you may have to rent one temporarily.

We had a similar event a couple of years ago and ours was covered by our home owners policy...not the bus policy.

Hi Lee. Not to throw stones, but, check the video at the gate. It probably is a inside job. If it doesn't show up on film at the gate, it may still be inside.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Damn Thieves

Lee: Sorry to hear of your loss. I get ripped off all too often and even with video the cops can't or don't always catch them. They just say they need money for drugs. Makes me so mad I can't see straight.

Makes me want to buy another one for bait and sit in the shadows with my .44 and and perforate their sorry hind ends.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Lee Bornstein Guest

Have video of two people driving out of resort on my cart. Our security staff stops people from entering but not leaving.

Appears that the two came over the wall.

As I'm full time with no homeowners insurance - just full time Motor Homers insurance from Explorer RV - coverage extends to personal property and liability coverage on the lot I own at Outdoor Resorts but that policy excludes motorized vehicles.

Lee
    No wheels for the poor pups!