Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IRSI Seats/Arm

lewpopp Guest

Flyboy and all,

Several years ago I nearly hung my gonads on the steering wheel several times and I finally replaced the front seat . I never could figure out what was supposed to happen but I was afraid of my voice going to alto.

Now I am the age of Harry and it nearly is the time to swing the jewels over my shoulder and say the hell with it.

Anyone wnt a bus? Cheap. Make an offer.
    Last edited by lewpopp; 05-28-2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks Joe,

I will have a look at the shock as my seat is manual.

When I bought my bus, the only sign of wear was the drivers seat cushion; apparently the original owner only had one butt cheek, the left one! I replaced the foam with high density and all appeared normal. I did not look at the shock absorber, maybe it had excessive side loads imposed....dunno.

What I do know is that about an hour after driving my body tires of sitting on the concrete bench so I toss some air to it. Whopee!! Look out, here we go, like a slingshot upwards....that's way too much, so I let some of the luft out, next thing you know I am back on the concrete bench. It's as if the air switch was an ON/OFF switch vice a metering switch...which I assume it is supposed to be.

John

Bruce,

Oh, if it's German it has to be good! The buttons are junk and us dumb ass Americans don't need a manual to push a button. You can't buy individual buttons to rebuild, you have to by the whole assembly and wait until you price that with Prevost. And after you replace the assembly, it won't be long until your sitting on the floor again and the lumbars are deflated.

Bostrom Seats have been the mainstay of the trucking industry for 40 years, they're made in the US and they work!

Customer Satisfaction Survey - Ya, just send it to me.

Default Bostrom

Truk, is there a common bolt pattern to the seats? Could you swap out an IRSI for a Bostrom?

I had the air switches replaced on my first trip home going through Dallas, like 250.00 and they still don't work right.

I wish someone made a seat with AC in it like a Navigator has. A few hours of driving in warm wx against the leather gets mighty uncomfortable!

dalej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Flyboy and all,

Several years ago I nearly hung my gonads on the steering wheel several times and I finally replaced the front seat . I never could figure out what was supposed to happen but I was afraid of my voice going to alto.

Now I am the age of Harry and it nearly is the time to swing the jewels over my shoulder and say the hell with it.

Anyone wnt a bus? Cheap. Make an offer.

LEW!!! do you care to explain this post?

Lew, So the drive to NY was not as much fun as you thought??

Watch out slinging those jewels around, Casey likes to chase balls!!!!

Mike K

Jeep,

Don't know about the bolt pattern and then you would have to deal with material to try and match the original. The bus rides so good, I just leave in on the floor and then pump up the lumbar every freaking hour.

Keep track of Jdub's upcoming trip, he has no A/C to the gonad area and I'm sure he'll invent something! Last I heard, he was fabricating some sort of hose and wanted Mango to meet him somewhere for his approval. Remember, it takes two turd boys to fix his problem.

No warm gonads here. The AC was working perfectly, so cold in fact that the girls had blankets out.

A hose? I'm sure the Cuntree Coach has one.

Yes, JDUB is out on the road burning some diesel while the nadless ones are laid up in the barn complaining about the price of fuel.

Dub,

If you get close to my 20, the shop is open for your maintenance pleasure. Ya better hurry, I'll be heading west tomorrow making smoke on our way to Table Rock Lake to check up on Sticky and a few other Poggers.

Keep the chicks cooool.

Default Isri Seats

I have a ISRI seat that does not seem to be as comfortable as other motorhome seats. I like the ISRI air seat but would like to replace the bottom cushion with a longer more comfortable seat. Does anyone know of a bottom seat cushion or a complete new seat that will fit the ISRI? Does anyone else have a comfort problem with an ISRI? Darrell