Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Locked Out/Twice/Still Locked Out

I know on the XL2 (after having issues getting mine TO work), it turns out that there are switches inline with the solenoid that if the door-latch is pulled, it opens the solenoid releasing the air lock.

Even more on the XL2, the solenoid will not engage unless the parking break is in the OFF position.

When parked there is a door lock button, but it simply engages the regular door latch, not the air latch.

Ray

I did not realize I had an air lock on my coach,is it the lock on the top of the door? Or do all coaches have an air lock?
    Bill

I believe that all XL2 at least around our vintage have an airlock on the door. When Kevin and I were trouble shooting ours (both had problems, different solutions), I downloaded the schematics from the Prevost website, so it was not converter specific.

The airlock on an XL2 is on the top of the door, on the rear side. It is protected from operating by three things, all of which can prevent the airlock from engaging.

1. The parking break must be OFF.
    2. There is a proximity sensor, that senses that the door is closed
    3. There is another sensor on the regular latch which will trip it, if the latch is pulled.

Kevin's wasn't working and it turned out to be an adjustment on switch #3 above.

Mine had actually been unplugged somewhere along the way, and once we re-plugged the switches in, the lock operated normally.

Ray

sticks Guest

Priceless entries! Never had such a laugh ( sorry at your expense)The final straw was the reference to water boarding the dog. Simply awesome. Seriously though, I thought I was the only one with RV malfunctions or adverse events while on the road. Some day when much time passes I'll tell you about my dumping experience at the most prestigious RV park in America last month. My wife and three dogs have been sworn to secrecy .

Greg,

If you lost your aux air, the air lock may have disengaged.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Greg,

If you lost your aux air, the air lock may have disengaged.
    My air lock on my coach hasn't worked since we got it. And now, the door latch mechanism won't catch tight (when closed, the door has some give/play). We examined the latch mechanism last weekend to try to find an adjustment, but came up empty. It does appear that the post on the door frame that the latch catches on is worn and we wonder if it needs replacing. I'd love to get the air lock working, but don't know where/how to start troubleshooting. It seems to me that it doen't even have power to the switch. Any suggestions about the air lock or the door latch? Or should I just take it to one of the recommended bus/conversion companies like Parliament? (We're taking the bus to Disney World next week and will be in the central Florida area 2/15 to 2/19)

Orren Zook Guest

Michael,

In addition to Parliament in Clearwater, you'll also be close to Millenium Coach (Sanford) while you're in Orlando and Marathon has a place in San Antonio Florida just off I-75 (exit 285, FL-52) then about a mile east of the Flying J. So you've got plenty of options for that door latch service.

Because of their knowledge of Vantare I would recommend Millennium. It sounds like the problem is the air door lock is not getting electrical power to the valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Because of their knowledge of Vantare I would recommend Millennium. It sounds like the problem is the air door lock is not getting electrical power to the valve.
    Thanks Jon and Orren! I'll look in to a visit to Millennium while we're in FL next week!

jasperjr Guest

We had a similar issue with our XLII bays and door locking without causing them to and it turned out to be our keypad entry system. Apparently, it shorted in such a way imitating the keypad lock sequence (7/9 or 8/9???) After the bus locked, the keypad would lose power whenever we hit the number the shorted (our case # 9) and not turn on until we recycled power. We changed the keypad and have not had an issue.

We too were locked out and used a hanger through the driver side window to pull the door lock knob. Sorry, its not as exotic as disengaging batteries or killing air.